Turbo Rotary Mazda B2600i Minitruck Build!

10b96a062687a77a9932c8b67fe8057b.jpg

LOL! I tried shining up bits on my car and my wife's coupe and... it was definitely a lot of work. Well worth the effort in your case because your engine looks sharp.

I can almost shave using those as mirrors. Are you going to leave the steel raw, clear coat, powder coat, paint?

I can almost shave using those as mirrors. Are you going to leave the steel raw, clear coat, powder coat, paint?

The frame will get all of the sanding marks and imperfections cleaned out of it leaving the tig welds visible and then get clear powder coated with a pearl top coat.

WOW JUST WOW is all I gotta say about this build I can't express how happy this makes me in the pants..haha But in all seriousness I really can't wait to see and hear this thing in all its glory.

WOW JUST WOW is all I gotta say about this build I can't express how happy this makes me in the pants..haha But in all seriousness I really can't wait to see and hear this thing in all its glory.

Im right there with you. I could give 2 s**** about the shiny parts-- I just wanna drive it!

With everything you've thrown at the engine why are you still using the stock crank angle sensor? I can't remember what ECU you're using but even the magnetic-style pickup from Full Function Engineering would be better. I've confirmed you can use their pickup kits with the Extreme Rotaries side-mount alternator bracket if you don't use the little round spacers.

With everything you've thrown at the engine why are you still using the stock crank angle sensor? I can't remember what ECU you're using but even the magnetic-style pickup from Full Function Engineering would be better. I've confirmed you can use their pickup kits with the Extreme Rotaries side-mount alternator bracket if you don't use the little round spacers.

Theres still a few things i would like to do to the truck.

I hadnt really thought of upgrading that, but maybe i will.

I am running the aem ems series 1. Kinda bummed that its outdated. I will probably use it to get the truck running and upgrade while everything is at paint and powder.

Theres still a few things i would like to do to the truck.

I hadnt really thought of upgrading that, but maybe i will.

I am running the aem ems series 1. Kinda bummed that its outdated. I will probably use it to get the truck running and upgrade while everything is at paint and powder.

I checked FFE's site again and it looks like the (better) Hall Effect Trigger Kit is compatible with the AEM Series 1. You will have much better control over the engine with this kit than using the stock CAS. This is one of the reasons I ditched the CAS and Haltech Sprint RE.

I checked FFE's site again and it looks like the (better) Hall Effect Trigger Kit is compatible with the AEM Series 1. You will have much better control over the engine with this kit than using the stock CAS. This is one of the reasons I ditched the CAS and Haltech Sprint RE.

Thats great to know! Thanks for the info

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...Slammed-Life&p=6401445&viewfull=1#post6401445

"Rotary truck is heading back into the shop for some upgrades so it can be driven before Christmas."

Upgrades?????

Some frame upgrades mostly for steering and such. I couldnt put the steering in with the engine in and i want all tig welds on the frame so rather than me pull the engine and take the frame up to get steering put in, im taking the whole truck back to him to get running. Then ill pick it up and drive it before tear down.

Well i didnt make my drive before Christmas, mainly because ive been too busy at work.

Truck is super close to driving.

Made some more changes of course, but it is in the process of being wired up as we speak.

Also secured a spot at SEMA 2016, so the truck must be completed this year.

fb027c66c6bce77b2d1f96b19f70af1d.jpg

fbe94c0c1b3d328e8328a0e86247c6b3.jpg

bb473ab7cfadb519ed56ad3cab8fd382.jpg

4ecb7ec284f761ef3e879c3e99fb5d31.jpg

Random picture updates for anyone that cares.

Well i didnt make my drive before Christmas, mainly because ive been too busy at work.

Truck is super close to driving.

Made some more changes of course, but it is in the process of being wired up as we speak.

Also secured a spot at SEMA 2016, so the truck must be completed this year.

fb027c66c6bce77b2d1f96b19f70af1d.jpg

fbe94c0c1b3d328e8328a0e86247c6b3.jpg

bb473ab7cfadb519ed56ad3cab8fd382.jpg

4ecb7ec284f761ef3e879c3e99fb5d31.jpg

Random picture updates for anyone that cares.

Oh don't get it twisted we still care only reason I come back on here is just to see updates..haha

Once I finally get my mazda up and running ill be on here a bit more but till then your build is the reason

Back