What have you done to your MSP today?

Kids are epic fun, tons or work, and unbelievably rewarding. I have three daughters and its amazing how different each one is. I can't imagine life without them. The wife and I keep talking about how and if there are more in the picture. I'm interested in adopting, but my wife isn't sold on it. She'd like to try for a boy, but I don't really want to start over. For now we're happy not really having a plan.

But to get back on topic, I've decided on some wheels... They aren't any of the ones I've posted on here. I honestly can't justify spending over $800 on wheels especially when I rather spend it somewhere else like in studio gear (yes I have a studio) and travel so yes they are reps but I'm honestly happy with them and excited to get them :). I will post pics once they are installed.

You should have a kid.. really nothing else in your life is important after you see them smile and call you daddy.
You can be poor as phuc but that will bring you a happiness that can't be quantified.

But more than 2... hawd damn no.. just... no.

lol yeah goal is 2. no more than 2. trust me im not financially ready but mentally and physically ready for kids but my wife is still young so she wants to vaca first. i'd say we'll be ready in 2-3 years. i will be 35 then and it wont be too bad. long as im not 38 or 40 when i have my first born im good lol.

Im kinda glad i had mine young. ill still have energy to wrestle with her when she graduates. financially ready is kinda difficult these days. there is no such thing as a stable job anymore.. but i envy most of you americans... the cost of a 1bdrm condo here would get me a 3-5 bed house in most of the us... but then id have to live in the us... a house for me is a pipedream unless each of us makes like 70k/yr.. which isnt even close to happening lol.
my daughter will have a better life with more opportunities than i did, but she will still have to work harder than average kids in our area.. maybe that will make her better for it.. who knows.

but yes.. back on topic.. i was tempted to pick up this set of sparco racing wheels in vancouver.. i got the rays originally intending them for my wifes es.. if she decides she wants them ill prob be going back to my mazda 5 wheels for the rest of the season. though her es will look might rediculous on 215/45/17 and stock suspension... lol.
there is also a guy selling megan springs on tokikos. i wouldnt expect that combination to last long.. but they only $100.. id have them in the p5 and give wife the more plush sportlines, on tokikos heh.

AC decided to stop working on 1574 yesterday, after it was working great (almost too cold). The compressor isn't kicking on and it should be charged, if the compressor or clutch has failed that will piss me of royally, I am tired of this damn car constantly breaking. Again, I have never had this many problems with 1345 and 1574 has been almost a constant headache since I got it running...

AC decided to stop working on 1574 yesterday, after it was working great (almost too cold). The compressor isn't kicking on and it should be charged, if the compressor or clutch has failed that will piss me of royally, I am tired of this damn car constantly breaking. Again, I have never had this many problems with 1345 and 1574 has been almost a constant headache since I got it running...
Do the ac fix mod I did not too long ago. Easy fix that takes an hour tops.

Went and checked the A/C and it's working now... *fingers crossed* it will stay that way. I need it today, it's hot and more humid than usual. I have been contemplating selling 1574 and buying one of a couple spicys that are for sale locally. Ideally would like to paint it and fix the body damage first. I want the car to be worth something when I sell it, and the cleaner it is the more likely the person buying it will take care of it.

I need to get mine charged... what shold I expect to pay for that?

I was watching a mightycarmods video the other day about buying a car in Japan. According to them they're actually relatively inexpensive... I started looking just for fun and seen a 94 skyline with 312,000 km for $5453. Plus like $2500 for shipping costs and you can have a legendary skyline for $8000. Wow, that's crazy. Of course maintaining it and doing repairs would be a complete hassle, but then again... It's a skyline. It's legal in Florida too. Things that make you go hmmm...

P1060945.JPG

I finally have the exhaust leak solved if not fixed. I still need to tweak the wastegate actuator bracket and snug it down, but at least the manifold is sealed to the head.

I don't know if I've posted any assembled pics, but here's how it all looks with the manifold, downpipe, B series radiator, and my massive sidemount. For reference the core of the sidemount is 12"x12"x3" and the entire intake tract from filter to throttle body is only under 8 ft long :p Plus the core is larger than most front mounts. I think the response will be awesome!

The radiator seems to be working great. It has about half again more volume than the msp radiator. I was worried that the slim fan wasn't working, but I hooked up my OBDII scanner and after idling for about a ten minutes the water temp was still holding at 198 degrees. Eventually the fan did kick on, but it only ran for about a minute. All in all the car idled for about 30 minutes while I checked setting in the unichip and checked the car over for leaks. If it weren't raining she would have gotten her first real drive. Sunday's weather looks good - maybe then.

View attachment 211435

I finally have the exhaust leak solved if not fixed. I still need to tweak the wastegate actuator bracket and snug it down, but at least the manifold is sealed to the head.

I don't know if I've posted any assembled pics, but here's how it all looks with the manifold, downpipe, B series radiator, and my massive sidemount. For reference the core of the sidemount is 12"x12"x3" and the entire intake tract from filter to throttle body is only under 8 ft long [emoji14] Plus the core is larger than most front mounts. I think the response will be awesome!

The radiator seems to be working great. It has about half again more volume than the msp radiator. I was worried that the slim fan wasn't working, but I hooked up my OBDII scanner and after idling for about a ten minutes the water temp was still holding at 198 degrees. Eventually the fan did kick on, but it only ran for about a minute. All in all the car idled for about 30 minutes while I checked setting in the unichip and checked the car over for leaks. If it weren't raining she would have gotten her first real drive. Sunday's weather looks good - maybe then.
Sick! I can't wait until its finished. I'm loving your bay!

I need to get mine charged... what shold I expect to pay for that?

Depends, everything costs more in canada. A lot of places will do 'free ac checks' but you have to pay for any re-charging or work to be done of course. I think the compressor is making noise on 1574 so it may be on it's last legs. If that is the case I can get a brand new one for around $120, install it and have the system re-charged and checked for leaks.

I just vented it when i did the engine swap *cough*. hooked it all back up after. doubt the compressor could activate by brushing past the button when there is no pressure.. hope it still works when it gets a new charge.. i also read they need to pull a vaccum on the system if its been sitting?

i dont really know anything about the ac system.

Zealous, have you given any thought to the email I sent you? One option I didn't put in there, but the offer still stands, is shipping you the setup I have built.

Back