What have you done to your MSP today?

getting close to cranking time on the MSP. Almost done with the install. By the way, for anyone that may be looking for a downpipe in the near future, I feel sorry for you. CS has officially taken the downpipe off of their site and from what I hear, they only have one left as one was recently bought. Looks like the curse of the dying platform has struck again. So, for those wanting a downpipe, you guys better push the CR3 group buy. Let's get those things rolling.

checked and rechecked everything and started the car and it runs. Idle is a little bit bouncy, but it's only by like 100-200rpm so Im going to mess around map in a bit to see what's going on

Last edited:
getting close to cranking time on the MSP. Almost done with the install. By the way, for anyone that may be looking for a downpipe in the near future, I feel sorry for you. CS has officially taken the downpipe off of their site and from what I hear, they only have one left as one was recently bought. Looks like the curse of the dying platform has struck again. So, for those wanting a downpipe, you guys better push the CR3 group buy. Let's get those things rolling.

checked and rechecked everything and started the car and it runs. Idle is a little bit bouncy, but it's only by like 100-200rpm so Im going to mess around map in a bit to see what's going on

And then share the goods?

I really want to get my hands on a cs 3" exhaust before they stop making that too. Ugh.

Does anyone else see the resemblence the MSP has to this Evo(6.5?)?
_DSC1476.jpg

Yes... there is definitely a resemblance. Not the first time. I mean, look at the side profile of a 2003-2005 WRX. The compact segment in those years all sort of had the same sides.

I might be speaking silly here but I still maintain that the MSP is one of the best looking cars of it's time.

Yes... there is definitely a resemblance. Not the first time. I mean, look at the side profile of a 2003-2005 WRX. The compact segment in those years all sort of had the same sides.

I might be speaking silly here but I still maintain that the MSP is one of the best looking cars of it's time.

Everytime I walk by my car I stare at it, I totally agree. I love the way it looks.

I WILL have the MSP back on the road by the end of January. In the meantime, I've located a Cobb Accessport and BHR midpipe for the 8 for $450 for the pair.

Yeah I need to put the haltech in and tune it. So far im averaging 16mpg this tank. Im also going to gather all the crap I have for sale and make a thread, hopefully this weekend.

I WILL have the MSP back on the road by the end of January. In the meantime, I've located a Cobb Accessport and BHR midpipe for the 8 for $450 for the pair.

ps I call bs on the msp getting back on the road.

need to know soon:

what size exhaust should i run with the pope down-pipe? 3 in.? i mean i understand you don't want to "restrict" the engine, but at 7-8 psi wouldn't 2.5 in. be large enough? I guess why i'm asking is because i want kinda loud (louder than stock), but not cops attention loud (they don't need another reason to pull me over). I want to do 3 but I am skeptical of it's decibel level. Also don't all turbos need some sort of back pressure to operate to their full potential?

need to know soon:

what size exhaust should i run with the pope down-pipe? 3 in.? i mean i understand you don't want to "restrict" the engine, but at 7-8 psi wouldn't 2.5 in. be large enough? I guess why i'm asking is because i want kinda loud (louder than stock), but not cops attention loud (they don't need another reason to pull me over). I want to do 3 but I am skeptical of it's decibel level. Also don't all turbos need some sort of back pressure to operate to their full potential?

cheap quick solution, run stock exhaust with a test pipe. It will be louder, less restrictive and if you still don't like the sound you can just get a muffler and have an exhaust shop do an axle back.

Back