Hellahorn vs Sickspeed horns?

Take a vid from inside car of them being honked? The vid posted earlier kinda gets distorted from being too loud lol

Anyone looking to buy Sickspeeds in the near future, good deal on ebay. $24.95+shipping until tonight or tomorrow(Ends in 1 day) I just picked up a pair

Anyone looking to buy Sickspeeds in the near future, good deal on ebay. $24.95+shipping until tonight or tomorrow(Ends in 1 day) I just picked up a pair
just bought them. cant beat the deal, especially when hellas are running about $65. i wound up paying 34.95 after shipping. this is the deal of the day!

Doesn't include the harness (+$17), do you need the harness or will the existing stock wiring work?

I was going to say that I wish I had waited for that deal to come along, but then I remembered that these things have literally saved my life probably a dozen times since I got them... so no complaints (2thumbs)

Doesn't include the harness (+$17), do you need the harness or will the existing stock wiring work?

Just pick up some wire and connectors at Radioshack, probably $10 worth... You can wire it up to the stock horn wire but the two horns are wired in parallel. If you only ran one horn you might not need any new wire

Glad I found this thread in time. Just picked up a set of the sickspeed from the ebay auction for 35 bucks shipped. Can't wait to get this swapped out. I really can't stand the stock horn in this car and I'm really surprised it took me this long to replace it.

maybe im the only one, but i think those horns sound nasty...and i dont mean that in a good way...but whatever, to each his own !

Well horns aren't really supposed to sound pleasant. Since this sound is a little bit different than your average car horn, you're more likely to get the attention of who ever you're honking at. All I care is that they're loud (2thumbs)

Man, glad I found this thread... I thought I was the only one dissapointed in the Protees lame *bark* . I've had 2 or three incidents that may have been averted had the other drivers been alerted by my presence. Query - can I just go down to the wreckers yard and grab a F350/ Ram or similar horn and throw it in?

I HATE the stock horn it sounds like a nancy boy....
....um... excuse me....
I think the sick speeds are just about the same as hellas, Both are alot louder than stock but I think they're a little to high pitched for me.
I have been on the hunt for these for a good price: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
They are off The big Cadilliac Fleetwoods from the late 80's early 90's

if you have never heard a Cadillac Fleetwood's horn...
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jhcCrykk0Yg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
^^Not me...
Its like a Boat or a Train Horn!!

LOL I did this very same thing to the wifes Speed3. Before I sent my Fleetwood to the junkyard for scrap I removed the horns and various other items. Let me tell you these horns are the best mod I could have done to the Speed3 and man does it get the attention of the other driver. I am planning on doing the same for my P5. Before I sold my Integra I had the Cadillac horns on it as well.

I can't stand the sound the Hella and Sickspeed horns make. It's like an elevated stock P5 horn.

LOL I did this very same thing to the wifes Speed3. Before I sent my Fleetwood to the junkyard for scrap I removed the horns and various other items. Let me tell you these horns are the best mod I could have done to the Speed3 and man does it get the attention of the other driver. I am planning on doing the same for my P5. Before I sold my Integra I had the Cadillac horns on it as well.

I can't stand the sound the Hella and Sickspeed horns make. It's like an elevated stock P5 horn.

exactly.

quick question with the install of the horns...did you just cut off the plug from the fatory horn and use a butt connector to attach it to the new horns?
horn_install-1.jpg

orange circle is the new wire, and the blue circle is what i am questioning...not using a relay

You can, but I would recommend using the relay. The stock horn line doesn't supply the horns with 12v. If wired like the picture on the right, your horns will never be 118db

i have them connected now. im going to be running a relay to them shortly as i also need to adjust the grill a bit.

I haven't installed mine yet, but from the looks of it, I'm going to have to trim some plastic from the back of the grill

On the top of the plastic grill, you can cut out some of the "tray." This allows you to use some existing holes to mount the horns and will give you clearance above the horn.

Not the best pic but you get the idea
DSC_0027.jpg

The little screws right above the horns are holding the brackets for the horns

i just made a new bracket 5 inches long, compared to the 3.5 inch bracket that comes with it. all i had to cut was the two lower plastic pieces that are located at the bottom inside part of the grill.

Back