NEMOC Random BS Thread

Good morning/afternoon NEPOC

Gas prices are still going up and did anyone see the report on how Libya has been spending their oil money? A little disturbing but smart on their end.

Sorry to hear about your car Kyle and hope the guy gave his real info. Seems like I have a ground issue with the PS light. I'm dropping it off next week to get it checked and mailing the HID kit back today to be tested. For now I'm running halogens (one stock and one silverstar) and have DRLs courtesy of my hi-beams. :)

Attachments

• genimage2.jpg
    genimage2.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 34
I've heard about them. Their 24hr rentals limit you to 125 miles a day ($1.50 per mile after that) and they only have automatics. If you wanted to rent a porsche for LRP weekend it would cost you about $750. It's 174 miles one way from Danvers so you'd have about 50 miles to play with once you got there. If you want a Ferrari instead, it'll cost you $3K. Personally, I'd consider it if I could drive a stick. It would be a fun one-time thing to have a Ferrari at your disposal for a weekend...think of it like a vacation to the carribbean....except you stay in a cheap hotel 100 miles from home instead.

Seems like I have a ground issue with the PS light. I'm dropping it off next week to get it checked and mailing the HID kit back today to be tested. For now I'm running halogens (one stock and one silverstar) and have DRLs courtesy of my hi-beams. :)

youre car looks like someone who is really drowzy and is doing all he can to not fall asleep.

anywho, got a hold of the guy who backed in to me. he told his wife that we "worked it out already" so when i call later with the cost of the job I need to say im calling for Pat about getting some welding done so she isnt wise to it.

It really does look like the bumper was repainted already at least in that corner with how the paint just keeps chipping more and more. Ill snap some new pics tomorrow

It really does look like the bumper was repainted already at least in that corner with how the paint just keeps chipping more and more. Ill snap some new pics tomorrow

That's what I thought. Properly painted bumpers have a flex agent in the paint that should not cause it to flake off so easy too.

Oh and we cooked with a little bit of Jack Daniel's.... Just kidding. We used a LOT of Jack Daniel's. A lot! 'Cause we don't **** around at breakfast.

so just picked up my calzone and was walking out to my car and saw someone backing their car up towards mine. noticed he wasnt cutting the wheel at all and said "he is so hitting my car" and he did. not much happened, got some paint chipping off the corner now. Got the guys name and number and will call him in the morning. didnt feel like calling police to come down just for that little tap. ive got a connection who will fix me up real cheap so ill just take his estimate and double it for this guy to pay.
its crazy, once i decided im paying off my car with my tax return, the wheel bearing goes and this happens.

20110302_0073.jpg

Always get the police report. Now its his word versus yours. Some insurance companies in CT won't pay unless you have the report.

I got into my P5 after driving my sister's Audi and GODDAMN, I love the P5. It just begs to be driven hard. It begs to take corners at and past the limits. The steering is quick and responsive. There is loads of torque. 5th gear accelerates uphill.

I don't know if a Scooby wagon (FE) could deliver a similar driving feel. And then I'd be beating myself up for having a numb car to drive.

Speaking of breakfast and LRP. Mark and Josh, are you guys both driving back and forth again this year? I was thinking of maybe leaving my 4Runner at home one or two days and riding shot gun this year if it works out.

I got into my P5 after driving my sister's Audi and GODDAMN, I love the P5. It just begs to be driven hard. It begs to take corners at and past the limits. The steering is quick and responsive. There is loads of torque. 5th gear accelerates uphill.

I don't know if a Scooby wagon (FE) could deliver a similar driving feel. And then I'd be beating myself up for having a numb car to drive.
Well Oleg, you'll just have to take a few scoobies on spirited test drives. I suspect their added weight will add to the numbness...but keep in mind that the P5 has a lowered suspension...something you could certainly add to a subaru to tighten it up.

ive been in touch with him and we are fine. hes a really nice guy and I just need to let him know what itll cost for my guy to paint the bumper and he will give me the money. im going to have my guy paint the valence with nice black paint to replace my spray job so itll look super nice.

also with talking to him, we found out that he knows part of my family out in hamden, ct. kinda crazy

Last edited:
I presume most of you read trade publications or (nowadays) blogs relating to your fields. We're kind of forced into it at Law School anyways, but the point is I thought I'd share this little nugget from the GA senator's trial (now mistrial)

Judge, in response to plaintiffs counsel suggesting documents were legitimate.

-"Even Ray Charles could tell that those signatures were doctored"

Can read the whole story http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/mistrial-declared-in-pa-859887.html but I just gave the highlights

I presume most of you read trade publications or (nowadays) blogs relating to your fields. We're kind of forced into it at Law School anyways, but the point is I thought I'd share this little nugget from the GA senator's trial (now mistrial)

Judge, in response to plaintiffs counsel suggesting documents were legitimate.

-"Even Ray Charles could tell that those signatures were doctored"

Can read the whole story http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/mistrial-declared-in-pa-859887.html but I just gave the highlights

Back