2008.5 MAZDASPEED3 - Now in CRYSTAL WHITE and METROPOLITAN GRAY

Galaxy gray is darker? Galaxy gray has always looked like a bluish slightly darker silver. That Metro Gray looks really dark. Hmmmmm.

I want the Mazda3 S GT (manual). I am new here, so I hope I'm not posting in the wrong spot. I don't think I can wait until March. I think I'll just have to go with the current Galaxy Gray. Really wish it was darker, though.

I want the Mazda3 S GT (manual). I am new here, so I hope I'm not posting in the wrong spot. I don't think I can wait until March. I think I'll just have to go with the current Galaxy Gray. Really wish it was darker, though.

well it probably was the wrong spot but no harm. i was just going to say the galaxy gray is the only gray for the Mazda 3. the metro gray will be a special color only available on the 40th anni. rx8 and mazdaspeed3. i personallly love the galaxy gray. no matter what mazda it is on, it looks good. it is one of the more popular colors on my car lot.

I'm hoping to buy a MS3 within a couple weeks. Any ideas if I could get the 2008.5 if I request them to have one built for me from factory now?

Also, what is the invoice price for the Sport? And have anyone been able to buy for less than inv?

I'm hoping to buy a MS3 within a couple weeks. Any ideas if I could get the 2008.5 if I request them to have one built for me from factory now?

Also, what is the invoice price for the Sport? And have anyone been able to buy for less than inv?

No go on the 8.5, those will be out probly in april.

Invoice on a sport is 21,500 after the destination charge is added. Some people don't believe me but I payed 19,939 on an 07 sport. Last 07 they had left so I guess they wanted to move it. I believe it will be much harder to get below invoice on an 08 model.

Isn't production suppose to start on Jan? I was hoping to request mine to be built from the factory and wait the 3-4 months.

yea i went to menlo mazda in redwood city, ca and they said it will be the middle of april 08. also its 250 or something more for the cwp. they also said that it takes about 2 weeks to get once it goes into production.

I ordered mine online while deployed in Iraq. Originally ordered Sunlight Silver but the dealer told me I had to choose a new color. Now I'm getting Metropolitan Gray Mica, sight unseen. I'll have to wait a few weeks after I get home for the car to arrive in mid-April.

That's some conflicting info. Considering that the bulliten says jan 2008 is when production starts, I would think the dealers would know that the old colors are not available for the choosing any more.

none of the dealers I spoke with knows about or acknowledges a 8.5 coming soon.

I would like the white one, or even the gray (if the white is indeed cost extra).

That's some conflicting info. Considering that the bulliten says jan 2008 is when production starts, I would think the dealers would know that the old colors are not available for the choosing any more.

none of the dealers I spoke with knows about or acknowledges a 8.5 coming soon.

I would like the white one, or even the gray (if the white is indeed cost extra).

Yea production will start in jan but they will take till about april to get here. THe dealer I talked to knew about the white but said it would not be an 8.5 it will just be an 8.

After seeing a few white cars, I think I like the Gray better anyways. I have a gray car that I'm selling, and it looks good. I was thinking white to be different, but Gray seem to reflect better than white. White is so bright that you really can't see your own image. :)

Other than that, white is very JDM, and I won't be oppose to it if I can't get the Gray. I'm not too fond of Black or Red (or Silver or Mica Blue).

If I get an 8, it'd be Black though.

The lowest quote I am getting is $21,900 for the Sport. Is that good?

My dealer says they can order a Gray 8.5, but it will be March when it comes in. And also they say they don't know the price of the 8.5 yet.

If need be, I'm going to fix the MP3 deficiency with a Garmin nuvi 760 GPS - it's a nice GPS with an MP3 player built in. Also adds hands-free Bluetooth for phones. Kills *3* birds with one stone. :)

Oh, and for those are wondering, my current car is a 2000 Nissan Sentra SE that's turboed. It's a fun ride, and again, love the color. :)

IMAG0034.jpg

As you can see, my brother has a VW GTI that's also Gray (lighter shade though). So that's why I was kinda torn between Gray (already had Gray cars before, lol) and White... I'm a one color man... :p

Last edited:
Well, was at the dealer a couple days ago to put down a deposit. They pulled up the PDF with the revised MS3 (2008.5?), and I finally saw the color for Metro Gray - it looks black on the screen, so even if the screen color was off, the color in real life would seem to be a very VERY dark gray - almost near black.

I wish I could see this color on an actual car...

Went tot he dealer yesertday. They can see the 2008.5 but can't give me a price, also said they will not move off sticker so it looks like I need to find a new dealer.

Well, was at the dealer a couple days ago to put down a deposit. They pulled up the PDF with the revised MS3 (2008.5?), and I finally saw the color for Metro Gray - it looks black on the screen, so even if the screen color was off, the color in real life would seem to be a very VERY dark gray - almost near black.

I wish I could see this color on an actual car...

Well here's the RX-8 in Metro Grey...

One would have to assume the paint will be the same... Notice how much lighter it looks in the second picture due to the lighting. Personally, I F'in love it! Only thing though... the MS3 wheels do not fit this color at all. Only black spoked wheels with chrome rims will do.

rx8.jpg

Carscoop_MazdaRX8_40T1.JPG

not bad.
this will be my 2nd choice if i can't get the white for some reason.

i think the wheels would look good also on the ms3.

i saw mazdaspeed 3 in the metro grey on youtube. clean color though. i wouldnt want that color cause my lancer is grey.

Closest mazdaspeed dealer still claims they know nothing about 2008.5 interior and color offerings. It doesn't make a big deal for me honestly but I think it's funny that they aren't informed. However the salesman I've been talking to said they'll talk to the regional mazda rep as soon as he's back in town.

Back