GmHik.jpg

The warzone
ekQYz.jpg

The casualty
ovJE4.jpg

The results
la18d.jpg

ofrSw.jpg

*not too sure about keeping the cf eyelids, might paint them, I think it gives the car a girly look with the black eyelashes hahah

so yeah, today I fixed the gaps in msp lip (didn't use doublesided tape in the install), installed the eyelids, plastidipped my emblems and finally installed the Mazdaspeed badge ive had for like 4 months lol
zEzoH.jpg

Xor7o.jpg

im not feeling the eyelids either, everything else looks great. i love the progress and the fact that i first saw your build thread on MCM

Last edited:
im not feeling the eyelids either, everything else looks great. i love the progress and the fact that i first saw your build thread on MTM

mighty car mods? Hahah yeah my thread belongs here!

no money right now to afford racing harts.. I just got a new job, full time in an hospital, so im gonna start affording good things for my car.
next projects : paint the wheels black, drop on tein springs and a sub
inspiring picture :
DSC00574.jpg

Before my first heavyweight check comes in from my new job, i had to deal with the brakes
It was a total b**** (rust ofcourse), But I would do them again. The rear brakes are totally shot, ill have to do them too this summer(with new rotors)
Did them myself (with the handful help of the bleeder bottle & C-Clamp)
It was a fun journey. I love learning how to do things myself!

Setup
aFTpc.jpg

New in
MtQ6V.jpg

when I took the calipers out
CdNHt.jpg

my reaction
http://www.netmeister.org/blog/images/picard-wtf-is-this-s***.jpg

Sorry guys i haven't updated this in a long time, so here is a resume of my journey.
i got the msp axleback installed a month back, but never took pictures, so heres one!
LcGpK.jpg

Also plasti-dipped my rims temporarly so I can save up for MSP racing harts or MS3 rims.
cT4ZH.jpg

6J84r.jpg

This weekend I attacked the rear brakes because they were badly due
SbZqx.jpg

At first I didn't know rear brakes needed much more attention than the front brakes, so I did my usual thing,
then I came in to unscrew the brake fluid valves.... both SNAPPED in my wrench (god damnit)
And everything was going wrong with the calipers so I gave up few hours later and decided i'd get it done by a mech, cause I couldnt stand this rust. I'd have to get new calipers etc.

so then, Nick (aka CheeseHelmet) came to my rescue and offered me his old OEM calipers for FREE because he upgraded his. They were fully functionnal even tho he warned me they could be seized. I grabbed the opportunity and met him in montreal
I kinda got lost where we were supposed to meet, so he came and met me where I was (hahah I get lost easily)
This guy is amazing really, great guy. He then proceeded to give me his calipers and we both went our way.
I only have 1-2 hours of free time daily so installing those took me 2 days. worked amazing.
also replaced the rear disks and used good quality ceramic pads. Kinda had trouble adjusting the piston because at first I didn't even know there was a gear that had to be adjusted in the rear calipers.. thanks to the guys who helped me in the post I made a few days ago.
So here it is, with brand new brakes all around.
i2hPk.jpg

1ZR4I.jpg

Coming soon : headunit and M2 performance headers. =]

Damn, I didn't know you had a build thread! Your P5 is in waaaay better shape than mine!

It's good to see that the calipers worked out, if I were you I'd still check the rear wheels every once and a while to make sure they're not getting unevenly warm.

The most important thing is that you don't have to drive that Pontiac anymore XD

Damn, I didn't know you had a build thread! Your P5 is in waaaay better shape than mine!

It's good to see that the calipers worked out, if I were you I'd still check the rear wheels every once and a while to make sure they're not getting unevenly warm.

The most important thing is that you don't have to drive that Pontiac anymore XD

only toyota i'd own would be a supra! hahah
but yeah looks pretty good, forgot to clean the sealant on the rotors and rolled with them (which gave me a burn smell)
gonna clean that up tomorrow and it's good to go!

Damn i havent updated this thread in a LONG time.
I think ill be done with this car... I love it every single time I drive it.. but I just realised in how much s*** I was due to university costs and I need to part out the bolt-on mods and maybe sell the car. I like going aruond in public bus so I dont really mind. if you want something badly give me a pm we can work things out!

forgot to add to the process. I installed my headunit and received the headers, which im gonna sell back

Damn i havent updated this thread in a LONG time.
I think ill be done with this car... I love it every single time I drive it.. but I just realised in how much s*** I was due to university costs and I need to part out the bolt-on mods and maybe sell the car. I like going aruond in public bus so I dont really mind. if you want something badly give me a pm we can work things out!

forgot to add to the process. I installed my headunit and received the headers, which im gonna sell back

Nobody likes taking the bus :(

But I know what you're going through and at least you're being rational about it. I did the same thing (uni, working part-time, trying to maintain a rustbucket) and now that I think about it, I probably should have gotten rid of it.

Make sure you drive the s*** out of it before you sell it, zoom zoom :p

ow! it hurts to hear that. I recently got my P5 and just started modding. I'm tight on cash just out of college and am trying not to mod too much and burn the cash. But now i have to look at all your mods and see if i want anything :)

man that sucks bro i feel ya with the loans i got...to bad you live in canada i would have got some stuff from you

IM BACK AT IT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.
Im going to Sherbrooke university, which has a program that offers paying stages "job trials" which can cover up the whole sum of the university cost, so im not as shy as when i "quit" on money. which is a good thing!
Anyways ive made a list of things I need to go through before buying/modding ANYTHING, here it is

• Fix washer nozzle
• Fix cracked windscreen
• Fix P0455 code
• Rust fix (long term)
• Cluster needle lighting
• Wiper blades for winter
• Buzzing hatch door card
• Headlight clip broken (isn't holding the bulb in place)
• Rear brake light not working
• Bleed air out of the rear brakes
• Configure remote starter

today was productive, cleared almost half of the list in my previous post
okay Pics or GTFO
cBVCs.jpg

What has been done today
• Fix clogged washer nozzle DONE
• Cluster needle lighting DONE
• Wiper blades for winter DONE
• Rear brake light not working DONE

Last edited:
Oh wow, i cant believe I thought about giving up on the car, i love it SO MUCH!
few things happened, which I totally forgot to post about,

1din Headunit (this summer)
cUVzBXV.jpg

GSCzu06.jpg

Stealthy built-in ipod connection, woot!

Also tinked my blinkers this summer
DEhKJuD.jpg

3u04301.jpg

I did tint my taillights with 3 coats of VHT niteshades.. which I felt was too much, then got tackled by the popo! so I had to rub them back to original,
im definitively gonna give them 1 coat this summer, so it feels not-so-stock

I also plan buy some tein s-tech springs, which im gonna leave on the stock Plastidipd rims (id LOVE to have mazdaspeed 3 rims), but the money is out of hand for now
also gonna have to tackle this leaking rear canister vent solenoid, which is giving me bad fuel econ!
also, new tires are needed, I went through mine this last summer,
Thats pretty much it, i want a subwoofer badly too! I love blasting my music (not too loud though ;) )

thats it folks!

Last edited:
Back