zeitronix zt-3 wideband to tune closed loop a/fs?

Chris02mp5

:
2002 protege5
Has anyone ever tried using a zt2 or zt3 to tune our car's closed loop a/fs? I'm running high compression with heavy cams and the 14.7 is too lean. I pulled the O2 To ritchen the mixture but this is just a temp. Mikey mouse fix till I can find a better solution. I know all the boosted guys run the O2 clamps but I'm not boosting so the presure switch wont work, and need to ritchen my idle as well. The Tz3 has a programmable narrow band output for tunning closed loop but I just want to confirm that this will work on our cars. The unit is 300$ with gauge, and is the cheapest possible fix I've found other then a halteh or full standalone. I have an emanage that I got for nothing (what it's worth) so this seems like a good solution and is something that I can reuse on my next car.

You will have to get a piggy back ( ssafc) or the ecu will learn something isn't right and "fix it"

well im running the emanage piggy back system and I can alter my open loop AF with it no problem, ether by changing the maf signal or by changing the injector pulses directly. The problem i am having is I am unable to adjust my A/F's while in closed loop because the car is reading the O2 and is pulling any fuel I try to add so that it stays as close to 14.7 as possible. Im not 100% sure on this but doesn't the ssafc controls A/Fs through altering your primary 02's signal to the ECU? This is why I though that the ZT3 unit would work because it does the same thing but is primaraly used as a A/F reader which is somthing i need anyway. The unit uses the it's wideband reading to create a narrow band output that can be altered to make the car think its running lean or ritch. The narrow band signal it ouputs isnt a steady, consistant signal, but instead fluctuates with the wide band reading so the ecu recieves a signal just as it would from an active 02... any thoughts?

Back