zaino polish.. ever heard of it???

Here's my thing:

I am cheap and like to wax often. So I use Meguiar's. It's the best product for the money IMO.
I use the Gold Medallion wax. Silicone based with their Show Car Glaze mixed in, so all you have is one step and it looks great.

And the BEST thing I have ever used to remove tar, paint from fender benders, and cone marks is Liquid Lustre. It is very common to see in car shows. The guy usually has a hood setup with one side treated and one side not, showing what it does for removing tar, to spray paint, and he evens sets it on fire amnd wipes it clean!

Anyhoo, it is also the best stuff I have ever seen for removing the yellowed film on headlights, and I have tried MANY cleaner waxes and plastic cleaners/polishes. With little pressure and a few strokes you can SEE the yellow residue come off on the cloth!
I use it to keep my headlight looking brand new (lord knows my car isn't getting any younger).

As far as the quality of the wax goes, here are some examples that show why everyone always drops jaw when I say my car has almost 90,000 miles on him:

akio_tpa_sig.jpg

akio_ky_apt_sig.jpg

akio_5.jpg

akio_cherokeepk_ky.jpg

akio_ky_drivein3.jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Mazdaspeedgirl said:
Here's my thing:

I am cheap and like to wax often. So I use Meguiar's. It's the best product for the money IMO.
I use the Gold Medallion wax. Silicone based with their Show Car Glaze mixed in, so all you have is one step and it looks great.

And the BEST thing I have ever used to remove tar, paint from fender benders, and cone marks is Liquid Lustre. It is very common to see in car shows. The guy usually has a hood setup with one side treated and one side not, showing what it does for removing tar, to spray paint, and he evens sets it on fire amnd wipes it clean!

Anyhoo, it is also the best stuff I have ever seen for removing the yellowed film on headlights, and I have tried MANY cleaner waxes and plastic cleaners/polishes. With little pressure and a few strokes you can SEE the yellow residue come off on the cloth!
I use it to keep my headlight looking brand new (lord knows my car isn't getting any younger).

As far as the quality of the wax goes, here are some examples that show why everyone always drops jaw when I say my car has almost 90,000 miles on him:

yeah, he does look good for having some age. I think that is funny you are a girl and you call your car a guy.. and most guys call their cars girls. hehe.. I am impressed though.. two girls have posted that like cars.. and not only that they KEEP THEM CLEAN.. impressive... thanks for the pics. I will keep that in mind when I buy my next car wax products.

The P21S is the exact same product as S100 that I use. The only difference is that S100 is branded towards bikes, and can only be found at Harley-Davidson dealers but, it is hlaf the price of P21S! If you decide to try it, don't tell the guy at the dealership that it is for your Mazda, unless you wanna get all of the salesmen laughing at you :(.

RiceWagon25 said:
The P21S is the exact same product as S100 that I use. The only difference is that S100 is branded towards bikes, and can only be found at Harley-Davidson dealers but, it is hlaf the price of P21S! If you decide to try it, don't tell the guy at the dealership that it is for your Mazda, unless you wanna get all of the salesmen laughing at you :(.

wonder if they woudl even laugh harder if I told them it was for a crouch rocket. hehe. I dont really care if they laugh. f'em.

but I thought the p21s looked like the stuff you told me about. same looking container. but there is no difference in them?

No difference whatsoever. The importing companies from Europe are different for P21s and S100, actually there is a big fight going on right now as to who has the rights import the product... but for now both are on the North American market. The only difference is that the stuff marketed towars the bikes is cheaper, yet it is sold in the same amounts as the car branded stuff. I was able to get 6 applications out of my first container of wax for my car , and the jar stated good for 25 applications on a bike. All in all not too bad in my opinion.

With approx 40k miles on her, this shine came from a good wash with the Hawaiian Shine, a rub down with 3M Gen Purpose Adhesive Remover (same on paint and removes all wax), Clay Magic Clay Bar treatment, Swirl-Less polish, and then 2 coats of Cherry Wet Wax, touched up with the Miracle Mist ....

atnopi.jpg

You can buy the Coats Products stuff HERE

Pe@ce

Protege5Gurly said:
With approx 40k miles on her, this shine came from a good wash with the Hawaiian Shine, a rub down with 3M Gen Purpose Adhesive Remover (same on paint and removes all wax), Clay Magic Clay Bar treatment, Swirl-Less polish, and then 2 coats of Cherry Wet Wax, touched up with the Miracle Mist ....

atnopi.jpg

You can buy the Coats Products stuff HERE

Pe@ce

damn.. Gurly, that s*** looks hot. that is a nice shine. I need to find me a woman that likes cars and knows how to keep them clean. where you from?. .. j/k.. lol

i can barely get enough time to get the woman to leave me alone long enough so I can do the damn car yet alone get her to do it.

That is nice though

I'm going with Zaino this year. Been wanting to try it out for a long time, and I'm taking the plunge spring time and getting it. I like the fact that while it's a long process due to waiting and s***, there is no hard polishing and wiping off wax like their is with Mothers/Meguiars which I currently use.....and it's clear, not white. I hate white pastey s*** on my car.

good luck. everyone here seems to like it. let me know how she works out for ya. Oh yeah.. and I am going to try my buddies so I will post what I think about it soemtime.. if he gets it to me sometime soon that is. lata

Zaino's is great. I've been using it since I bought my car (over 2 years now) and the stuff still amazes me. I have noticed that 3M's swirl remover is better than the Z5 (zaino's swirl remover) but other than that the stuff kicks ass. I literally changed the color of my car the first time I did it. Deeper, beautiful Blue. and I know anyone that has had the blue mica has seen how easily it shows nasty things :)

scott42 said:
Zaino's is great. I've been using it since I bought my car (over 2 years now) and the stuff still amazes me. I have noticed that 3M's swirl remover is better than the Z5 (zaino's swirl remover) but other than that the stuff kicks ass. I literally changed the color of my car the first time I did it. Deeper, beautiful Blue. and I know anyone that has had the blue mica has seen how easily it shows nasty things :)

I have silver so hope I dont have to worry about swirls that bad. but I could try the 3M if it works good. I use the 3M hand glaze for the shiny black plastic. that works good.. just gotta make sure it is the right plastic... the smooth shinny black.

for the black/plastic parts on the car I HIGHLy suggest Stoners Trim cleaner/preserver...my buddy uses it on his M3 and I'm soon to use it on my MP3 after seeing his car...WOW is all I have to say. 95 M3 looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Put it this way, the kid covers it, IN the garage...He also uses Zaino.
if you want to see some REALLY crazy cleaning/waxing/polishing systems check out the BMW/M3 forums...some of those guys spend literally 2-3 DAYS doing stuff (I think its overkill, but after seeing this car, I think its pretty cool:) )

scott42 said:
for the black/plastic parts on the car I HIGHLy suggest Stoners Trim cleaner/preserver...my buddy uses it on his M3 and I'm soon to use it on my MP3 after seeing his car...WOW is all I have to say. 95 M3 looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Put it this way, the kid covers it, IN the garage...He also uses Zaino.
if you want to see some REALLY crazy cleaning/waxing/polishing systems check out the BMW/M3 forums...some of those guys spend literally 2-3 DAYS doing stuff (I think its overkill, but after seeing this car, I think its pretty cool:) )

M3 is what I am going ot get when I am done with school. but for now I cant afford one of those. I like my little ES. and I still want to keep it clean. I think this thread will help me and others know what the best products are to keep there zoom zooms clean and nice. thanks again to you and everyone

I bought Zaino's complete kit a couple of months ago. Yes, it took like a whole weekend to do, but man, was it worth it!! That clay bar took stuff off I had no idea was there. It's high-dollar, but believe me, it kicks ass.

mspdfreak said:
I bought Zaino's complete kit a couple of months ago. Yes, it took like a whole weekend to do, but man, was it worth it!! That clay bar took stuff off I had no idea was there. It's high-dollar, but believe me, it kicks ass.

thanks.. I am starting to be a believer. everyone says this stuff works

you won't find many that say different. actually one guy said differnet on the forum here but nobody could ever figure out why. ehhh well. there's always 1 black sheep

yes there always is... oh well.. I will try and see for my self. seems worth it after all the comments. I think I am going to try the p100 for a pretectant wax though.

parks853 said:
yeah, he does look good for having some age. I think that is funny you are a girl and you call your car a guy.. and most guys call their cars girls. hehe.. I am impressed though.. two girls have posted that like cars.. and not only that they KEEP THEM CLEAN.. impressive... thanks for the pics. I will keep that in mind when I buy my next car wax products.
Well, thank you. I try. Just today I volunteered 6 hours of my time to help a friend clean the paint/ polish/wax his 95 firebird he just bought. It always makes me feel good to clean up a car and make it pretty. :)

And most of my cars have been boy names. :D
I know how you knew that my miata is a guy: you went to my cardomain site didn't you? :D

Mazdaspeedgirl said:
Well, thank you. I try. Just today I volunteered 6 hours of my time to help a friend clean the paint/ polish/wax his 95 firebird he just bought. It always makes me feel good to clean up a car and make it pretty. :)

And most of my cars have been boy names. :D
I know how you knew that my miata is a guy: you went to my cardomain site didn't you? :D

I like to see cars clean also. I also help out alot with cars. Sometimes we even detail for money. but mainly just friends and family to keep them looking nice.

I may have went to your cardomain site?? I have been to so many different sites looking at cars and systems it is hard telling where I have been. but if I am listed there I must have went. :)

Back