Your MSP: Daily Driver or "Every Now And Then?"

Metallic36

:
2003 Mazda6 3.0L Speed Yellow
How does everyone drive their MSPs? Do you use it as a Daily Driver or just as a pleasure vehicle? I had plans on driving my MSP daily. However, because our road is sooo crappy when it rains, (long story short: developer that built the subdivision never finished the road, he skipped town, technically he still owns the road but nobody knows where he is, the city won't do anything, so the road gets no maintenance) I'm pondering on getting a truck just so I don't have to drive my car in this crap. Last night I spun all the way up the hill (and slid all the way down on my way back home..), I was glad to get out. If it were feasible, I'd move the hell out of here, but who wants a house on this road? When we bought the house we were told that the road was going to get paved, which obviously isn't happening. So now, it's either drive my car only when it's nice outside or sell it and get a truck.. or get a cheaper truck to drive when the road is crappy so my car doesn't get the wrath of mud, and keep my car too. Here's a couple pics just so you can see what I'm talking about.. but I just thought I'd see how everyone else uses their MSPs.

Attachments

• 100_4144.JPG
    100_4144.JPG
    366.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 100_4146.JPG
    100_4146.JPG
    405.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_4156.JPG
    100_4156.JPG
    334.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 100_4167.JPG
    100_4167.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
i can only afford for it to be my daily. so unfortunately there won't be a massive build thread coming from this guy.

Damn, I feel for you. DON'T get rid of the car, just get a cheap beater truck. Mines a daily driver. I was going to get a beater, but I have a kid on the way.

Last edited:
its my daily driver and my pleasure car too haha im at the point now i cant do much with out going forged so i might buy a bucket so i can build it

DAMN Jen.. thats almost as bad as where i USED to live until i bought a house in town.. i usually daily drive my MSP.. but that is gonna come to a hault once the iroc is back..

Yeah, this road is past the point of depressing (jerkit) I'm very much pondering on just getting another truck.. I had a Ford Ranger and sold it since I didn't think I would really need a vehicle that I didn't drive that often. My husband's work truck, an F150, barely can get up the hill. I really don't think I'll be able to go to my college class in the morning from the looks of it. I don't want to slip and slide into a ditch with my car. I love driving my MSP, but I just cringe when I drive through the mud with it. Nothing like going through the carwash every time it gets muddy LOL.

DAMN Jen.. thats almost as bad as where i USED to live until i bought a house in town.. i usually daily drive my MSP.. but that is gonna come to a hault once the iroc is back..

Mine is a daily with 105k on the car with no problems ever except for a bad wastegate actuator and cracked mani.

Yep. Have been for about 80k. Car still runs like a champ. It puts down 195whp and 195tq to the wheels still.

P5 Daily 126000 miles 40000 of that this last year. Do too much driving would kill the MSP and have to use super unleaded. MSP weekend ride no dings 20000 miles. Same problem with road except maintained by county and all they do is dump gravel down and we have to drive it into the ground.

^^Some msps have Frankenstein engines.

Mine is a daily driver. Cant really afford to have a beater at the moment. Maybe one day...

^^Some msps have Frankenstein engines
I think I had one of 'em, too. Car was totaled with 92K on the odometer, and the only parts on the car that shitted out of their own accord were the same as haze's -- WGA and exhaust manifold. I had pretty much every bolt-on you can name, which caused the car to run between 9.5-10psi for the last four years, and I never had any issues with the engine itself.

Mine was daily driven, too. Sun, rain, snow, sleet. You name it, my MSP had been out in it!

you're a lucky man lol

Maybe. I don't drive the car hard everyday. It doesn't even see boost everyday I drive it. I don't launch the car from a stop. At the dyno days here in Va my car has been called a freak though.

I bought my MSP as a daily commuter when I took a new job that required me to drive 114 miles round trip on I-70. The MSP made highway driving a blast especially through windy Glenwood Springs Canyon. I carpooled with another guy that had a Tacoma - great for the bad winter driving. After 3 years of commuting I finally moved and bought a house 4 miles from work. My MSP then transitioned to my project car and now only comes out in nice weather. It currently has 50,000 miles.

i daily drive mine. bought it with 1206 miles and now has 118k. ill have had it for 5 years in april and i just paid it off this weekend!!! its nice not having a car payment till my fiance reminds me she needs a car... anyway, mines been out in all the weather. i have snow tires on crappy steel rims and i fly in the snow. ive driven to work in 6+ inches of snow 4 times this year and i end up being the only one there lol and theres ppl who live 2 miles from work and i live 33. its great in the snow. only problems ive had are wastegate actuator, primary o2 fouled from vacuum leak caused my wga, and my rear endlinks keep breaking. my 3 year old laughs everytime i turkey.

i driven my car everyday since i've had it. 110000 and all thats needed replaced is wheel bearings, brakes, and belts. today was the first day i drove it in the snow.

Back