YES! 3.2 Roadster coming to North America

TinmanMS6

:
2012 Subaru WRX
yes_32_r_450-op.jpg

There's plenty of forbidden fruit that our friends abroad get to enjoy, but of all the vehicles we thought had a shot here in the States, the YES! 3.2 Roadster wasn't one of them. That's all going to change this February when Funke & Will AG will display the lightweight cabrio on the show floor in Chicago.

The YES! 3.2 Roadster comes in two flavors, both sporting a (you guessed it) 3.2-liter V6. The first is a naturally aspirated variant that produces 255 hp and can reach 60 in just under five seconds, while the other benefits from a turbocharger that huffs and puffs the same six to 355 hp and drops the sprint to 60 to 3.8 seconds. Owners can supposedly upgrade that same mill to produce 415 hp and propel the one-ton convertible up to a theoretical top speed of 200 mph.

Both cars can be outfitted with a variety of amenities, from heated seats to sat nav, and if all goes according to plan, a select group of dealers are being amassed to service the newest entrant into the sports car fray when it goes on sale in the U.S. and Canada later this year.

yes_32_roadster_01.jpg

yes_32_roadster_03.jpg

yes_32_roadster_07.jpg

yes_32_roadster_04.jpg

yes_32_roadster_08.jpg

yes_32_roadster_05.jpg

yes_32_roadster_06.jpg

Last edited:
A bunch of us saw one of these at the Mitty Classic at Road Atlanta this summer. It's a very nice looking car. I have no idea what it costs, though.

One thing i noticed is no cup holders.... I know Europeans don't believe in them, but the US market will want them.

A bunch of us saw one of these at the Mitty Classic at Road Atlanta this summer. It's a very nice looking car. I have no idea what it costs, though.

yeah i was gonna say we saw one last spring. they have an american distributor in atlanta if i remember correctly

They might soon, but not yet. I am pretty sure the one we saw was one of two in the country.

YES! North America

201 Sarah Ln
Lawrenceville, Ga 30045
USA

i knew i saw that somewhere when i looked this up after the mitty. The sole NA office is in lawrenceville

We had a chance to check out the YES! 3.2 Roadster and YES! Roadster 3.2 Turbo and we were, as opposed to other moments in the day, actually pleased with what we saw. We'll start with the good news. The base YES! Roadster 3.2 weighs 890 kg, sports a 255 hp VW V6 and scoots to 60 mph in just 4.8 seconds. The better news is that the YES! Roadster 3.2 Turbo weighs only 930 kg, gets 355 horsepower out of the same engine and reaches 60 mph in just 3.8 seconds. The best news is that the super high performance version gets 415 hp, gets to 60 mph in 3.4 seconds and has a top speed near 200 mph. The bad news is that the base price for the 3.2 roadster is $77,995, putting it a little out of our range. The 3.2 Turbo comes in at a $20,000 premium over the normally aspirated version. All that scratch gets you a unique piece of German engineering, even more unique in the US, where the company only expects to sell 50 of them this year (starting this June) through an undisclosed dealer network. More pictures and press release below.

Back