Wtb: Iat

Little Beavis

:
2001 MP3-T (#911)
I want to experiment with the IAT in different spots and to make things easier and to try and run things under the same conditions, I want to buy another IAT (could go to the dealer and will if no one has an extra, but I thought maybe someone would have one sitting around that they could part with for a few bucks).

are you gonna try and put one up near the throttle body to give a more accurate intake temp??

What advantages to you think you will see by moving the temp sensor?
I was thinking about it, and couldnt see what it would do if the sensor was more accurate. plus could pop out/leak at higher boost

Actually, I think that Mazda screwed up with putting their temp sensor before the turbo, cause you can't ever be accurate that way, heat soaks will make your car run like crap, and it will be rich for most of the time.
I can see how they could have let this slip by.
Also, I'm glad someone is going to try this, I was thinking you can probably do "some" tuning with it, if you splice in some kind of controller or a rheostat in that wiring, so then you don't have to find that warm spot in the engine bay, just adjust the rheostat.

ViksMSP said:
Actually, I think that Mazda screwed up with putting their temp sensor before the turbo, cause you can't ever be accurate that way, heat soaks will make your car run like crap, and it will be rich for most of the time.
I can see how they could have let this slip by.
Also, I'm glad someone is going to try this, I was thinking you can probably do "some" tuning with it, if you splice in some kind of controller or a rheostat in that wiring, so then you don't have to find that warm spot in the engine bay, just adjust the rheostat.
i understand that, but I know beavis has a wideband and a piggy back, and he tunes for a desired AFR. I guess it might pull timing as well, but that probally wouldnt hurt us either.

bump. . .
I need an additional sensor. . .anyone?

I plan to figure out some readings in both spots.

For MSPs I think moving it will help them. For aftermarket trubos, it hurts them, because we try to make our cars run rich, and hotter temps means less fuel. So, again good for the MSP, bad for the MP3, P5, ES, etc.

Little Beavis said:
bump. . .
I need an additional sensor. . .anyone?

I plan to figure out some readings in both spots.

For MSPs I think moving it will help them. For aftermarket trubos, it hurts them, because we try to make our cars run rich, and hotter temps means less fuel. So, again good for the MSP, bad for the MP3, P5, ES, etc.
Can't you just buy a GM sensor at your local autoparts store? It should have the same function and same temp range. I'm not sure though.

Back