WTB: FS-ZE Cam Shafts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed3.5

chasing electrons ..
:
16' Mazda3, MSP
I'm looking to buy in great condition FS-ZE (JDM) Cam Shafts.
I have some stuff for sale that we can trade/work something out or if not its no problem either.

LMK ASAP.

I have a fsze intake cam i was gonna installed in a head that should have been in my car by now. It has to come oimut of the head anyway for the head install so lmk if u want it. Its my understanding that the jdm exhaust cam is no bueno for the msp but fine for the reg protege/p5

I have a fsze intake cam i was gonna installed in a head that should have been in my car by now. It has to come oimut of the head anyway for the head install so lmk if u want it. Its my understanding that the jdm exhaust cam is no bueno for the msp but fine for the reg protege/p5

Interesting find, why would the jdm exh. cam not be good for boosted msp ?

replied

I have set of stock p5 cams with pulleys.

Spicy answered that for me.

OP is looking for FSZE cams not FSDE

Thnx for quick response :)

i have both cams in my car. I haven't really noticed that big of a difference, top end feels a little better but I didn't expect much from these since they really aren't an upgrade. But I also didn't dyno it, so I won't say too much

I think if you use the FSZE cams, it increases your overlap which will decrease your boost building capability. You would have to use adjustable cam gears to dial back the overlap, but I'm not certain if you lose or still retain the power increase associated with the FSZE cams. I have never found a definite answer to that question

I read this pertaining to the exhaust cam. I don't know the original thread. I'll find it though

Last edited:
TheMan told me he is too running them (JDM exh. & int.) w/o problem and has better respond over the stock FS-DE.

OK, will postpone on JDM cams for now ...... after its tuned I'll see if its worth getting them or just go with integrals.

THnx to every one for chipping in.

Moderators pls close this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back