WTB: Front Catalytic Converter (Protege, P5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyd

:
2003 Mazda Proteg 5
I'm looking to buy a front (pre-cat) catalytic converter to replace my damaged one in my 2003 Protege5. I am in Los Angeles, CA, but will gladly pay for shipping.

Prefer to buy one off of a CA vehicle, but out of CA state proteges/P5's might work too--just have to verify with the dealership.

Thanks!

Thanks, but I'm in CA and want a car which can pass emissions, whether I keep the vehicle or sell it. Really sucks in that I'm just past the 80k cat warranty or I'd have the dealership replace if for free.

If your emissions test is anything like it is here in Wisconsin, it would pass with flying colors. Here, they just put a gas cap tester thing where yours goes, and they plug in a code reader to check for any codes.

Since this has a bung for the O2 sensor, you should be fine...

Last edited:
I have my pre-cat in the garage I can sell and ship to you? I replaced it with a header last year. It has about 90k miles on it. I can take some pics of it for you tomorrow and get you a shipping quote if you're interested? Say $50+shipping? I work in the shipping department of a small shop so it would go FedEx Ground and I would pack it really well. But this is heavy... But no pressure, mate.

Lewis7789, do you know if your car is rated for CA emissions? It should say on the inside of the hood somewhere. If so, I'm definitely interested in your pre-cat. If not, I still might be... I'll PM you. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back