WSCC auto-x summer 2004

evolv

Contributor
:
Yelllow 2003.5 MSP
Anyone in this forum besides me thinking of competing in auto-x this summer???

evolv said:
Anyone in this forum besides me thinking of competing in auto-x this summer???
I'll be at a few of them, competing or otherwise. :)

On a similar note, our shop is a gold-level sponsor of the WSCC. :)

Speed_ESQ said:
I'll be at a few of them, competing or otherwise. :)

On a similar note, our shop is a gold-level sponsor of the WSCC. :)
What shop is that... I'm too old and too tired to be chasing down threads.....

50 below conceptz.....i bought my tires from them....they're great to deal with. Located at 1687 Dugald Road

Auto-x day 1 complete.

I competed (first time ever). Finished 27th out of a pack or 50 (or so). It was fun, exciting and a great way to get to know a car.

There was one other Protege there. A 2.0 ES.

There were also 2 MSP's that came by to watch. An orange one and a Tit Grey one.

Hey,

I drive the Titanium Speed. Nice to see a Speed out there! How did you like it? I will be out to watch a few events, but not too interested in racing at this point. I prefer to spend my Sundays at Grand Beach. My buddy Ryan (Speed Esq) drives the orange speed.

Phil

evolv said:
Auto-x day 1 complete.

I competed (first time ever). Finished 27th out of a pack or 50 (or so). It was fun, exciting and a great way to get to know a car.

There was one other Protege there. A 2.0 ES.

There were also 2 MSP's that came by to watch. An orange one and a Tit Grey one.

Last edited:
It was alot of fun. I don't know if you (stucazzo13) saw my first race and the nice burn out I did..LOL I slipped the cluth too fast, damn this MSP is fast... Glad I did it there and not on Portage.

SomaMP3, you should consider racing. If you come on May 2nd, I'll take you for a fun run at the end. It costs $2.00 for the helmet rental and you have to sign a waver. Fun runs should start about 3:30 or so.

I'm gonna go to the meet after may 2nd. I have a lot of stuff to do this sunday.....but i'll be out on the 9th

Woo hoo.. another auto-x day come and gone. Wow, this MSP is fantastic. I can't wait for my skills to catch up to the car.

I placed 16th over all this Sunday, a 8 place jump from last week. Got some great tips from one of the other drivers toolen around in his wifes Protege ES.

I need some competition, come on all you MSPers and MP3ers. Come out and auto-x.

My next event will be in June, can't make the May 23rd race, won't be in town.

I was out to almost every autoX in the last two previous seasons in my MP3. I was pretty consistently in the top 10 with a few sporadic top 5 finishes. I quit though as I just wasn't having as much fun and frankly was worried about the long term effects of all the racing. I tried on more than one occassion but was unsuccessful in geting anybody from the club to come out and try it out.

Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions and be sure to get in as many course walks as you can so you always know what's ahead and what line to be taking for the next turn.

looks like the next event for me will be in July... thats 2 months with no racing.. ouch. but then i will make 8 or 9 events before the season ends.

im in Novice class (NVC), i have two 1st place finishes for that class. if u compare my times to 2nd place in NVC im 8 seconds or so faster. I am not sure if anyone in my class will catch me. only time will tell.

i have my sites set on improving my own times from race to race and not directly competing with anyone else. if all goes as planned i would think i'd be finishing in the top 10 if not top 5 by seasons end. KNOCK ON WOOD

i am certainly having lots of fun and i suppose my success has added to that fun. it would be great if others from the club came out to race. currently there is one other Protege racing being driven by a very talented driver, and i know he's having fun.

Back