I'm Back!! MX-5 Cup Shootout!

MSPM1cheLe

DRVRMOD
:
2010 BMW 135i
Wow, it has been a long long long time since my last log in. For those of you that don't know me (which is probably most of you).... I used to have an MSP (Mazdaspeed Protege) and this forum was my go-to for SO many years as I used the car to launch my racing career...

I started in SCCA autocross in 2004 and then worked my way up the racing ladder with it as I moved to track days and time attack. I absolutely LOVED my MSP. I believe I sold it around 2012 or so... and for my now daily driver, a 2010 bmw 135i.

Regardless, if you're still reading, since my MSP days I have continued to pursue my racing career year after year and have done it pretty much all on my own, I got to race while being factory backed by an old company called Scion :LOL: and continued to progress from club racing to pro racing. I now race in the Trans Am series in the TA2 category and I found and own the team, Grr Racing (www.GrrRacing.com) ...

But besides all that, what brings me here is actually an announcement that was made yesterday...

I have been nominated by Mazda Motorsports for the Global MX-5 Cup Shootout! It is truly an honor and I am more than excited to feel like my career has come full circle. Obviously I will have to become a finalist in order to compete in the shootout, but I just wanted to hop on here and say hi to some OG's and introduce myself to the people that have kept this forum going :)

So with ALL of that - Hi :) I'm Michele Abbate (formerly really well known here as MSPM1chele, but not so much anymore lol) and I can't wait to [hopefully] get back into a Mazda!

Official press release is here: MX-5 Cup Shootout Nominees Announced – Mazda Motorsports

Welcome back, Michele! Congratulations, that’s awesome and thanks for the update. I know I clearly recall your MSP and that you were beginning a racing career. In fact, some of your racing pics might still be around on the Forums.

It would be super cool if you could keep us updated here on your progress, I know I’ll be cheering for you…Best of luck and stay safe! 🏆🥇

Back