Wow!!! How Bad Is This??? I think Bad?

BKJT05

:
2002 Protege 5
A couple weeks ago i put new wheels on my car with spline drive lugs, anyways after taking the wheels off a couple times, ive noticed the lugs were kinda loose, im a pretty small guy and for me to b able to loosen them with just my hands is not good in my opinion.

Anyways the other day i used a buddies torque wrench to make sure they were tighted perfect

Now to the good stuff, tonight i went outside to double check them and see how they were and i get to the last wheel and the first lug i double check snaps half way off, part of the lug is still on the wheel, the other half is well...You Check it Out...

-So how screwed am I?
-How do i get the broke lug off?
-Which Lugs should I buy to replace these crappy lugs? with out spending alot?

PLEASE HELP

THANKS

>Brandon

sorry, here are the pics

Attachments

• LUGS 014.JPG
    LUGS 014.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 125
  • LUGS 015.JPG
    LUGS 015.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 124
  • LUGS 016.JPG
    LUGS 016.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 97
  • LUGS 017.JPG
    LUGS 017.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 116
  • LUGS 018.JPG
    LUGS 018.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 115
Well if you broke just the lug nut you are fine, just go to any auto parts store and buy some new ones. It sounds like they are some pretty cheap crappy lugs to brake like that. I would buy some better quality ones off line. If you broke the the studs the lugs thread on to then you just have to pic up a new one at an autoparts store. They are pretty simple to change. Just remove calipers and rotors, use hammer to pound out old broken stud, put new stud in, and tighten a lug nut on it to bring the stud in the rest of the way. You might have to bend the brake dust shield to put the stud in, atleast thats what I had to do when I changed one. So hope that helped good luck

mazdaspeed777 said:
Well if you broke just the lug nut you are fine, just go to any auto parts store and buy some new ones. It sounds like they are some pretty cheap crappy lugs to brake like that. I would buy some better quality ones off line. If you broke the the studs the lugs thread on to then you just have to pic up a new one at an autoparts store. They are pretty simple to change. Just remove calipers and rotors, use hammer to pound out old broken stud, put new stud in, and tighten a lug nut on it to bring the stud in the rest of the way. You might have to bend the brake dust shield to put the stud in, atleast thats what I had to do when I changed one. So hope that helped good luck

no i broke the lug n half, half is still on the wheel and i cant get it off. i tried to get the key on it, but cant.

Ok, Well, I believe that you should be able to drill the back off the Stud and then replace it.

Drill a small hole in the back of the stud and then with a large one go to town on it.

It will release the nut from the other side.

Be sure not to drill into the hub.

Brian MP5T said:
Ok, Well, I believe that you should be able to drill the back off the Stud and then replace it.

Drill a small hole in the back of the stud and then with a large one go to town on it.

It will release the nut from the other side.

Be sure not to drill into the hub.

im confused? haha sorry. the lugs seems crappy, cant i just try to chip it off? i dont wanna mess up my wheels?

khaosman said:
lol... haven't you seen the video of the RX7 and all its wheels falling off

lol, i just watched that video when i was looking for new lug nuts

there cant be that much lug left on the stud, i should be able to drill it off somehow?

Take it to a wheel shop and have them do it for you. they probably have a better way to deal with it other than messing up your new wheels.

2xsess said:
Take it to a wheel shop and have them do it for you. they probably have a better way to deal with it other than messing up your new wheels.

yea, hopefully, lol at least i know my lugs are finally tight and staying tight? haha.

I just ordered a set of Gorilla lugs from ebay, then im gonna order a set of mcgard locks. should be a good setup.

good choice on the lugs! So yah I would either do what brian suggested or take it to a shop, they deal with those kind of things all the time and would know exactly what to do.

i think if i try to get the key on it, i could get it off, but the damn ket wont go on

Back