Would you buy a MAZDASPEED2?

Would you buy a MAZDASPEED2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, voter #100!

Plus, I love small, fast, go kart-like cars! That's why I'm working on a B6-T Festiva. A Mazdaspeed2 would be a blast to drive.

Turbo the 1.5L engine. I want a smaller version of the MS3. Lighter, more nimble, 2 door hatch even. Just under 20K and you have a winner. Otherwise I'm waiting for the Fiesta ST.

I am all for a Mazdaspeed2, 2-door hatch is possible. I have a feeling if this ever does happen they will use the Sky-G engine going into the new Miata. I can't wait until 2 years from now, it seems Mazda will be coming out with some exciting products...

i think mazda should go with a supercharger...we all know how much they failed with turbocharged cars
IE: toothpick rods on MSP, bad seals on CX7, MS3, MS6

i think the only good MS version was the miata....havent heard about any problems with those

Seems the RX-8 is on the way out in the next few years...If it were up to me, I would launch a MAZDASPEED2 & a next gen RX-7 at the same time and show that Mazda takes its "ZOOM-ZOOM" slogan SERIOUSLY!!!

The automotive world needs a fresh shot of EXCITEMENT and Mazda should be the leading provider of EXCITEMENT & GREAT VALUE across the market range...Imagine such a lineup: MAZDASPEED2, MAZDASPEED3, MAZDASPEED6 & a next gen RX-7 (or RX-9)...Such a lineup would get a lot of people in the showrooms and excited about buying & owning a Mazda! :D

Add to that the possibility of a CX-5...Imagine a MAZDASPEED CX-5 light duty off-roader with extra "ZOOM-ZOOM"...That would be very cool! (rockon)

So the Mazda2 Sport costs $14k and the Touring costs $15.5k. Both have a 100hp/98lb-tq 1.5L engine with vvt and a compression of 10:0:1. MPGs is 29/35 for the 5spd. major competitors would be what, the Honda Fit, Nissan Versa, and the Toyota Yaris? if they made a MS2 my guess BHP would be around 150-160ish and it'll be supercharged. But I've never seen a supercharged Mazda other than the Millenia. Can't wait to see if they decide to make a certain model like Mitsubishi did with the Rally Art editions.

Last edited:
(mswerd) more fun in every class of car, as much as MPG is good, we need more Fun per gallon.

and wagonbacker, in real gymkahana you are timed through the course, so like outlaw said, there is a winner.

Since Nissan could never manage to re-capture the essense of the ORIGINAL SE-R (91-93 Sentra SE-R), maybe Mazda could do it with this MS2. That car was such a hoot, but needed just a tad more power.

The 2 is both too small and not sufficiently cool enough looking for me.

I'd rather see a Mazdaspeed 6 with twin turbo V6 and AWD ala the new Taurus. This is a much more viable and marketable plan than a Mazdaspeed2 IMO since the market for the 2 is for primarily very young folks on a budget looking for cheap but fun transportation. Insurance rates for for a Mazdaspeed2 might be deal killer all by itself for most of the demographic.

While we're at it, they should put the 3.7 in the CX-7, dump the Turbo MZR from it and leave the other 4 cyl as a cheap option with FWD. I also agree they should make the speed3 AWD but in addition to that, upgrade the pistons and rods and put a bigger turbo on it and make 350hp with it. Make the speed3 an STI and EVO killer and make it run with the new Camaro SS and the Mustang GT.

I would absolutely love to see a MAZDASPEED2! I agree with most of what has been said already... turbo, lsd, suspension and styling upgrades.

I would also like to add that Mazda should make it available in a richer, more vibrant shade of blue, like laser blue or even aurora blue. Cosmic blue, stormy blue, celestial blue, and aquatic blue just do not have the same appeal. I love both MAZDASPEED3s, but I would be much more likely to get one if it were made in a more desirable blue. It might sound silly, but it's kind of a deal breaker for me.

Something like this (but a 4-door) (2thumbs)

mazda2_blue.jpg

Back