Would these wheels fit? 2021 CX-5

Looking to get some rims on my 21 Touring FWD. Have an opportunity to buy 19x8.5 +35 Niche Targas but unsure if the offset is a deal breaker to make work. I also do plan on lowering it and adding Bilstein in future but don't want to waste money on wheels I can't use. Any help is appreciated

This post shows a 2nd gen CX-5 on 18x8" +35mm wheels. Based on the pictures and the original poster's comments, x8" +35mm sits almost flush with the fender. With the 8.5" wide Targa wheel, it will poke out 0.25" more. Up to you to decide if you'll be happy with that extra 0.25" of poke. Personally, I'd go for it if you like the wheel style and diameter.

This post shows a 2nd gen CX-5 on 18x8" +35mm wheels. Based on the pictures and the original poster's comments, x8" +35mm sits almost flush with the fender. With the 8.5" wide Targa wheel, it will poke out 0.25" more. Up to you to decide if you'll be happy with that extra 0.25" of poke. Personally, I'd go for it if you like the wheel style and diameter.
I appreciate the response. Should there be any worry about lock to lock turning and hitting the strut??

I appreciate the response. Should there be any worry about lock to lock turning and hitting the strut??

Hitting the strut, no. Others have installed 20x8.5 +45 wheels without any issues, and these would sit closer to the strut than any of the other options discussed. Doing a u-turn at full lock might cause you to rub the plastic fender, but probably only if you lower the car or hit a big bump or pothole in the middle of the turn. Otherwise you should have enough clearance and suspension travel to make full lock turns without issue.

Hitting the strut, no. Others have installed 20x8.5 +45 wheels without any issues, and these would sit closer to the strut than any of the other options discussed. Doing a u-turn at full lock might cause you to rub the plastic fender, but probably only if you lower the car or hit a big bump or pothole in the middle of the turn. Otherwise you should have enough clearance and suspension travel to make full lock turns without issue.
Again I appreciate your response. I did want to put H&R Sport springs on it eventually with Bilstein B6 struts to sharpen up the ride some. Wonder if that would truly cause issues rubbing

Again I appreciate your response. I did want to put H&R Sport springs on it eventually with Bilstein B6 struts to sharpen up the ride some. Wonder if that would truly cause issues rubbing

That would hard to say, but depending on how much the springs will lower the car, it may be perfectly fine. The aftermarket springs will likely have a higher spring rate, making the suspension a bit stiffer, which would help to reduce suspension travel. Paired with upgraded struts to handle the stiffer springs, your car wouldn't dip as much when you go over potholes or bumps, and everything would clear just fine for all types of everyday driving. I'd say there's nothing to be concerned about regarding fitment if you're lowering up to 2.5" with those wheel specs, though fitment would also be dependent on tire size as well.

Back