Wiper problems....

2nd Chance

:
90 Mazda RX7 Vert
OK so just yesterday my driver side wiper stopped working.
HELP!
It has been raining here for like 2 weeks straight now. It was bad enough having them only work on one speed but only having one of them work AND its the passenger side! That's just unacceptable. I saw some where on an RX7 forum about a guy on the east coast i believe who is supposed to have really cheap OEM replacement parts.
Any ideas where I might be able to get what I need to get things back in working order.

sounds like it is a motor this time. this would be the first time that i have heard of a motor failing, but the switches go pretty easily. the best bet might to be pull apart the motor and see if you can find any loose wires. the cold-soldering method that they used is sub-par, at best, in my book.

if the motor went wouldnt both wipers be out? i think its the wiper linkage. your going to have to pull up the cowling in order to check what broke and what you will need

HALLELUJAH!
I fixed IT!

Apparently the bolt the hold the wiper blade down had come loose some how.
I was filling up with gas the other day and cleaning the windshield when I noticed that it was very loose and wobbly. So I checked it out and BAM! 5 minutes later I got functional wipers again

YEAH!

Back