Window Vent

:
2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD
These aftermarket plastic Side Window Deflectors that are put on the doors. Are they effective at ventilation? What about noise when the window is open? I don't mean really open, just an inch or two.

It is effective mainly if you will want to wind down the windows a little on a rainy day. Which means you don't intend to switch on the air-con and want some ventilation, at the same time to shield the rain from entering the car.

Noise is definitely inevitable. But it will depend on your threshold for noise. Before I fixed it, there was very little wind noise, maybe like less than 5% in high speed. After I put on the deflectors, the noise increased to maybe about 15%, with the windows up. Thus it can get a bit 'noisy' if you wind down the windows slightly.

More info in this thread:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...ector-pics-and-opinions&highlight=well+visors

They help with ventilation for sure in the summer with heat. And as X5actor said, it keeps air moving on rainy days. There probably is an increase in wind noise but I haven't really noticed it (cracked just a an or two, fully open, or closed). Well Visors are a very good - price is WAY cheaper than Weathertech and install is easy and secure, IMO. I posted a link to it in the thread above.

Back