will they fit?

nice looking wheels but i think with that offset and that width you might get some rubbing. it'll be close, give it a whirl and post some pics!

damn. i'll try it anyways just because i already have them

on another note anyone want to buy some wheels? :)

if you are not lowered it will be close... i am running 42 offset lowered and they are 7.5"wide and i have no issues with 225/40/18 though it is damn close so it could be worth a shot if you don't lower it...??

Well I didn't know if you were keeping the rims..

You were being a funny guy. lol I thought you were talking about your stock wheels and didn't care about the fitment issues.

i'm thinking a 17x8 is pushing it size-wise as is. wouldn't want to go too narrow on the tire so might as well get rid of the whole package to someone who owns an evo or other car they'll fit on. if they do somehow fit i'll keep the stock wheels for winter tires

Yeah, try to go on the evo forums and sell them.. or if you have a local car show where evos show up, try selling them there so you don't have to ship them. There's this really nice white evo I've seen with the rota boosts, looks really good, so I don't think you'd have a problem selling them - especially with that tire size.

Unless you haven't installed them yet, I would contact where you bought them from and tell them you researched on the wheel sizes that would fit your car and discovered that the wheels you bought will not fit. Hopefully they will understand.

they were on my car all last summer, probably not gonna be able to return them :)

IMG_0328.jpg

i traded it in for a more boring, cheaper, more practical car that is more in line with my plans in the next 3-5 years of buying a condo, driving more miles to visit my gf who is probably moving 1.5 hours away to go to school, and buying a project car

yea. if they fit ill keep them though, im not on a super tight budget (though i prob should be so i can get a condo sooner but thats another story)

Back