Will Mazda 6 17" wheels fit my 5?

daan

:
06 "5"
Just like the title says, I wanna put different wheels on my 5. 2 of the stockers I have are bent, and all 4 have pretty bad curb rash. Oh yeah, these
ALY64857.jpg
are the rims I like if that helps.
THanks in advance!

I am pretty sure brake clearance is not an issue, so unless the MZ6 wheels have a dramatically different offset, I would give it my blessing. But if you are looking for replacement wheels w/i the Mazda family, why not MS3 or RX8 18" wheels? Both look hot on this car.

Hey thanks for the reply. I don't really want 18ers because if I can barely afford 17" tires, I can't imagine bigger ones being any cheaper... plus the 3rd world quality of the roads around here would just bend them up like the ones I have now.(headshake

Oh BTW, what the heck is your avatar?

they should fit. most any current mazda can be swapped around. at worse, u might need some spacers which is typical in the world of swapping wheels. i currently have mazdaspeed3 18's on my 6, and have a set of rx8 18's in the garage waiting for next summer. lol

They will be fine as long as you don't run a 225/45R17 tire as they will likely rub on the inside under full lock.

He should be fine w/ the 215 size tire on the mazda 6 rim which is a 17x7. I'm running a Rx7 FD rim which is a 16x8 with 50mm offset with a 225/55R16 winter tire setup and I'm fine, and I've also run a 235/40R18 on an Rx8 rim which is 18x8 and no rubbing issues.

Last edited:
Oh BTW, what the heck is your avatar?

Its a blobfish. So, no, its not Ziggy. Though you can see a resemblance.

Why don't you look for some 16" then. Going down 1" saves $20-$40 per tire. The Canadians and Europeans have the 16" as std and it will fit the US brake calipers. 15" WILL NOT work in N.A. at all tho.

Thaxman, how the heck did you get the tire aspect to change from 50 series to 45 series while quoting xxxmono?

Latest posts

Back