will it create loss?!@

:
03.5 msp titanium
So ive upgraded from the stock turbo to gt3071 with all supporting mods, but im curious.. can I put a 2" pipe from turbo to intercooler without much/any loss??

Its the hot pipe, which is charged most of the time, so pressure/air mass is prevalent; only after the intercooler on the cold side is the pressure drop/ psi&air mass/density is really taken into consideration?!

I have 2.5" (as i think most of us do; standard) on my cold pipe, and originally 2.5" hot side.. but now with a slightly different setup it might be easier to run the 2" pipe instead of the 2.5"

The turbo has a 2" outlet, therefor designed with a pressurized pipe of equal/greater size to go afterward. Will a 2" hotpipe hinder, improve, or not effect my system!?

Anyone try different size intercooler piping??

Any info/personal exp/comments welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Higher Velocity Less Volume. Might mean little less lag, but having bigger pipe after the intercooler would prove interesting.

it makes so little difference you would need back to back pulls on an accurate dyno to measure. ive run 2" on both pipes and switched to 2.5" and there is no real world difference.

Back