who loves driving a manual transmission car?

who loves their manual?

• its ok but my next car will be an automatic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i hate it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kms1990

:
2011 mazda 3 hatchback GT
i do and i am sad to see them dying and what now seems to be an accelerated rate so who enjoys their stick shift?

100% agree i prefer a manual to an automatic the protege 5 is a perfect example 130hp 135 ft pounds of torque. automatic this car is a turtle. manual its suprisingly light on its feet and feels quicker than it is. also manual makes a car more fun especially a very well handiling one such as the p5 on the back roads and just going out for a drive. allows you to throw it into turns then downshift and romp it and pull it out with ease. hell this car is so fun on turns i think it will be the only car under 200hp that i can take out for a fun backroads drive that will make my hair stand on end because of what it can do in turns. even at 160k miles this car is so much fun

I don't know about them dying at an accelerated rate. If anything they seem to be seeing a bit of a comeback lately.

I'd have to agree and disagree with the both of you. Its almost like a switch off, people drive sticks but then just get bored of their car and sometimes just choose to get an auto. Also, Hondas were amazing. Loved my civic it was stock. The stocker the better. I felt my old 98 civic took turns faster. Love my p5 wouldn't trade it back, thinking of keeping it n/a just up the compression and get an msp tranny with the lsd. Overall like top favorite car I've owned.

I dont think id ever even consider an auto. Especially a used automatic. I also dont know how anyone who drives autos (Unless handicapped in some way), could ever consider themselves a car/driving enthusiast. Maybe an arts and crafts enthusiast with their blacked out badges and tails and windows and roof and hood and trunk and wheels, but not a car enthusiast. No offense to anyone though. haha

I tried to enjoy an automatic with the best example there is...the dsg in a VW GTI. As a one car compromise with the wife. And it did keep me entertained and certainly shifted faster than I ever could...but 2 years later I sold it. Got her the automatic p5 and me into a 6 speed subaru.

I like to row my own gears in a sports-minded car.

I wouldn't want to in a luxury car, and doing it in a pickup gets a little old. I have a 95 Chevy K2500 with the cast iron 5 speed, and banging through the gears in that downtown sucks. Worse with a heavy load behind it.

There's no real difference anymore in mpg between manuals and automatics. A used car with a manual also doesn't sell for as much or as quickly. They're fun when you're a kid, but not really if you commute daily in gridlock traffic. Now in a truck it has to be a manual if you're going to tow anything.

I find my wifes esgt tiptronic quite nice to drive actually. Tons of balls in 1/2. Not so.much 3/4 but I'm already speeding by the time I hit 3rd.
Manual is fun at times but it gets old fast when ypu have a nice auto too. Its just muscle memory and right hand ocd for me heh.

I actually prefer a manual in traffic. It's always my right leg that starts bothering me in traffic and moreso in an automatic since you have to ride the brakes more. Sure you could switch the auto over to neutral too but it's just not intuitive when you're not changing gears.

A used manual should be a bit cheaper because manuals are around $1500 cheaper when new to begin with. In my experience you get a higher value out of a manual as in relation to their market value(kbb/nada/etc). Since the manual market supply is reduced and people shopping for one at this point view it more as a need than a want.

Manual definitly good value. Very little to go wrong. Usually just a synchro, the clutch or axles. Gearsets very rarely fail and ahift forks rarely fil unless you jamming it into gears when it won't go.
Auto however is great til the rebuild....

I love my manual once again, since I replaced my number 2 (front) engine mount last weekend. Shifts are once again easy and fun. I need to replace mount number 3 next, and shifting may improve even more after that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will only drive a standard.

Every car I've owned has been standard.

I wouldn't have a P5 if it was Automatic.

I remember reading a few years back that only 3-4 % of new cars are standard and that it may become a "special option" (meaning you pay more not less).

I find it interesting that the used P5 market here is about a 50/50 mix of automatic and standard.

This car is the kinda car that is supposed to be a Standard.

I remember reading a few years back that only 3-4 % of new cars are standard and that it may become a "special option" (meaning you pay more not less).

Still hasn't happened. Chevy, Ford, Toyota, Scion, etc anywhere from $1000-1500 more for an automatic in a new car.

I would not have bought my P5 if it was an auto trans, Just prefer standard. I find auto trans okay in bigger cars but not sporty cars like the P5. I will stick with the stick!

I wanna herd it,...

The next step from an Automatic transmission is auto steering, braking and accelerating,... then you've a Google car.

I hope I never "drive" a Google car.... I will opt. for the herd-able version of that car. (it will be an expensive option for sure)

Back