Who else is waiting impatiently for the 2016 CX-5?

I just ordered a car cover from California Car Cover (superweave $400) and just wanted to verify with you guys that the dimensions are the same on the 2016 as the 2015. Also, does anybody have any experience with these covers. They seem to have favorable reviews.

Also wanted to mention I received a text while driving yesterday and it worked flawlessly with the infotainment system. B/c I was driving at the time I didn't have the option to read it but it read it for me no problem. Android Nexus 4.

It works great for me as well. Same as Bob's comment. I use an iPhone 6 with latest iOS update. Think it only reads the first message though....seemed to not read the other 2 in the conversation to me.

I just went to the Canadian site and built exactly what I was hoping Mazda would offer for 2016. I even got my preferred option of white, premium audio, and a manual.

Is is possible or feasible to import from Canada or not? Regardless, what is in the heads of Mazda USA to omit these options that are available north of the border?

I don't see why not? Not sure how much you would have to pay to get it across the border. Financing might also be tricky.
Oh, and since the Canadian warranty is accepted in the states, you'll end up with an unlimited mileage warranty :)

I had a chance to go and check out a 2016 CX-5 GT, and I must say that I'm very impressed by the changes it has over my 2015 cx-5. I was considering trading in my cx-5 touring for the 2016 GT. I have a 2014 Mazda3 and I love the command center/hub/entertainment/whatever you want to call it. I loved the fact that they put it in the 2016 cx-5. I saw two 2016 CX-5 that day a red GT with tech and a white GT no tech. The red had the led tails, headlight, and foglights. But the white one didn't have any of that. So does the led stuff only come with the tech package?

I think that the feasibility of the cross-border shopping for US residents here in Canada might become real. Go greenback, go!

In Canada the standard warranty on '15+ Mazda is not limited by the mileage, just time, 3 and 5 years. I even think that this even goes back to '14. When announced last fall this was supposed to be a big deal, although in my experience went almost unnoticed by the general public.

In Canada the standard warranty on '15+ Mazda is not limited by the mileage, just time, 3 and 5 years. I even think that this even goes back to '14. When announced last fall this was supposed to be a big deal, although in my experience went almost unnoticed by the general public.

It's a cool offer I wish was available in the states but my mileage wouldn't ever see any value in it.

US 2016 Owners: I have a question about the USB ports. It's clear from pictures that there are some at the front of the center console. Is there at least one in the covered armrest?

Dr. Kev. There are two USB in the center console and there is one cigarette lighter receptacle (I don't know what else to call it) in the covered armrest. I have one of the converters that changes it to USB. So, you'll have three if you do that.

Got the CX-5 yesterday. I opted for the Titanium Flash Mica with the parchment interior. It's a AWD GT trim with the Tech and i-Activesense package.

15994925583_5d8e1201ed_b.jpg

After looking at the Titanium color, I decided it looked better than the white (although I think both are equally hard to clean). And with what I can see from the dealer inventories - everyone wants the white, so it is going to be a really common color. That's why I went for the Titanium Mica.

Got the CX-5 yesterday. I opted for the Titanium Flash Mica with the parchment interior. It's a AWD GT trim with the Tech and i-Activesense package.

15994925583_5d8e1201ed_b.jpg

After looking at the Titanium color, I decided it looked better than the white (although I think both are equally hard to clean). And with what I can see from the dealer inventories - everyone wants the white, so it is going to be a really common color. That's why I went for the Titanium Mica.

How the ride? It is bumpy or jittery as before or better? Noise level...is there much wind or road noise?

How the ride? It is bumpy or jittery as before or better? Noise level...is there much wind or road noise?

I test drove my first cx5 and felt the road and wind noise was not excessive, but I was surprised by how bumpy the ride was. It was a GT with 19" wheels. I hope the bumpy ride was due to a frozen tire that was sitting and had a flat spot that would go away once the tire warmed up. I'm not sure, but the ride maybe improved on the way back to the dealership. No rattles either, but I didn't go over 55mph.

I test drove my first cx5 and felt the road and wind noise was not excessive, but I was surprised by how bumpy the ride was. It was a GT with 19" wheels. I hope the bumpy ride was due to a frozen tire that was sitting and had a flat spot that would go away once the tire warmed up. I'm not sure, but the ride maybe improved on the way back to the dealership. No rattles either, but I didn't go over 55mph.

Take it into the corners to realize this isn't your everyday CUV. I know some call it a SUV but I still consider it a very capable CUV. I still consider an SUV body-on-frame. I will likely have to give that up shortly.

My first post; I'm waiting for my '16 Touring, Titanium/Sand to be delivered next week from Long Beach to Phoenix. Only option is moonroof/bose, I will add hitch and a couple minor items aftermarket.

My 3rd new Mazda in last 15 years and owned 2 used Miatas going back to 95. I was hoping to find a non-Mazda in a more refined/upscale package but could not find better than CX5 for meeting needs and performance/mpg/price. The Acura Rdx and Subaru Outback were on the shortlist but didn't pass the driving test.

Tom

Back