Who else is waiting impatiently for the 2016 CX-5?

He said he's friends with the dealer.
In my case, I just went to see my dealer and they let me order one. They had all the information on hand aside from the residual value (it's a lease). I have a good idea as to what the monthly price will be, but it's not set in stone.

I got my hands on a 2016 in Calgary AB. Been driving it since Monday. Went in to buy a 2015. The dealership just received a fully loaded black 2016. Went to the back to look at it and without looking to excited, I purchased it. I love the differences between the 2015 to 2016 interior. It feels/looks like a BMW or Mercedes. The sport mode is really sweet too. Changes the shift points and revs higher. Who cares about MPG! :)

Looking for a hitch for the 2016. Thinking of the Curt. Can't find any information if there are any differences between the 2015 and 2016. I doubt it, but you never know. I guess the OEM hitch would be the same, but can't find anywhere that calls out the p/n for the 2016. Anyone know?

I got my hands on a 2016 in Calgary AB. Been driving it since Monday. Went in to buy a 2015. The dealership just received a fully loaded black 2016. Went to the back to look at it and without looking to excited, I purchased it. I love the differences between the 2015 to 2016 interior. It feels/looks like a BMW or Mercedes. The sport mode is really sweet too. Changes the shift points and revs higher. Who cares about MPG! :)

You already have the 2016??!?!? I guess Canada got the new models first huh? I'm ready to purchase a new one but still split between a Countryman/Cx-5.
What do you think? 2016 is worth the wait? Does it have power lift gate?

Looking for a hitch for the 2016. Thinking of the Curt. Can't find any information if there are any differences between the 2015 and 2016. I doubt it, but you never know. I guess the OEM hitch would be the same, but can't find anywhere that calls out the p/n for the 2016. Anyone know?

Lucky you! Still waiting for it here in Ontario.

NCIIU, It does not have a power gate.

Previous vehicle was a Scion XB that I specifically imported in 2008. Didn't have Scions up in Canada until I think 2011. I fully researched Forester, Tiguan,....everything but the CX5 has the best bang for the buck in my opinion. Anyways, I have never owned a Mazda, but sure loving all the bells and whistles this thing has. Was unsure if I'd like the Radar Cruise, but I do. It works really well. Set it and it absolutely stays the same distance (which can be adjusted on the steering wheel) behind the car in front of you. The car in front starts braking, the CX5 will too.

Not a fan of the lane departure. I turned it off. What's nice is it doesn't turn it back on after turning off the vehicle and back on again.

Ren

You already have the 2016??!?!? I guess Canada got the new models first huh? I'm ready to purchase a new one but still split between a Countryman/Cx-5.
What do you think? 2016 is worth the wait? Does it have power lift gate?

I would suggest doing a bit of research on the reliability of the Countryman. The Countryman was on our short list but after I spent a couple of mins. browsing through the Mini forums I wouldn't consider buying one. If you want something smaller than the CX-5 I would consider the new CX-3.

It looks like Wayne Mazda in NJ have 2016 models in.
I wonder why the dealers in CA I spoke with didn't tell me the release date.
Just to clean out the 2015 models first? anyways.. happy to know that it will be in soon!

Its looking like the "official" release date may be tomorrow (1/30). Twitter is already showing some official looking CX-5 announcements out of Australia, Japan and Russia (including 2016 pricing in Russia).

Got prices today. the GT base is $30,350 including destination. The tech package is 1,505 and the I active sense package is 1,500. There is about 1,170 between these retail prices and dealer cost. Regional rep also said that Mazda may hold all 16's at port until the first of March to help reduce '15 inventories in the U.S. I might know more tomorrow or Monday.
Options are about the same as the '15's.

Last edited:
Same exterior color choices as 2015? Didn't they add 3 new colors in Canada? Is Liquid Silver available in 2016?

Are the following prices for AWD models? Do you have the prices for GT FWD models? Thanks.

Got prices today. the GT base is $30,350 including destination. The tech package is 1,505 and the I active sense package is 1,500. There is about 1,170 between these retail prices and dealer cost. Regional rep also said that Mazda may hold all 16's at port until the first of March to help reduce '15 inventories in the U.S. I might know more tomorrow or Monday.

Spoke with Mazda Rep yesterday and he said we are 10 days to two weeks out from dealers receiving 2016 Mazda CX-5.

No liquid silver for 16. No vehicles have been released in the U.S. yet. Dealerships are all saying 1 to 2 weeks. I have spoke with 3 different ones across the country. My dealer buddy has not heard back from North American rep to whether they are going to hold or release the 16's when they hit the ports. Prices I gave were for GT AWD model.
GT FWD 29,100
Touring FWD 26,095
Sport FWD w/2.5L 24,075
Sport FWD w/ 2.0 L 22,675
Sport AWD 25,325
Touring AWD 27,345

No liquid silver for 16. No vehicles have been released in the U.S. yet. Dealerships are all saying 1 to 2 weeks. I have spoke with 3 different ones across the country. My dealer buddy has not heard back from North American rep to whether they are going to hold or release the 16's when they hit the ports. Prices I gave were for GT AWD model.

No Liquid Silver? I wonder what the Sport MT-6 options will be? That was the only one appealing to me of the three offered.

A tech package and a separate I active sense package?

Back