white or red ms3 (2010 version)

Hi im umbrella,

I don't have an MS3 yet, i will start saving up so i can hopefully purchase it next year. I signed up for the forums to get to know the car better.

I am having trouble deciding on the color. I am stuck between RED and WHITE. I do want to get the bottom Black lips (around front bumper) kit.

How dirty does white get compared to red? And vice versa. Also, could you state your opinion on which color you prefer?

Thanks,
-Umbrella

red will look more shine under the sun, personally i like white just because it looks clean to me....

the more i look at the 2009 models, the more i like the color red.

i plan on getting the 2010 models, simply because i've sat in the mazda3's, and i like the digital dash, the looks, and inside.

Just cannot decide on a color :(

MGM FTW.

if the Reg 3 hatch looks bad in reg 3 trim, i can only imagine how much worse the 10 MS3 will look with the hood scoop and all.

ill trade for your wheels though when you get it. hehe

I never cared for white so I'd immediately suggest red. This is a fast car that you can get red without getting yourself into trouble!

I liked the red MS3's but there is no metallic flake whatsoever in the paint. It's sorta bland. Not to mention, you have to stay ontop of cleaning a red car, otherwise it can fade over time. Not fun imo. The worst that happens with white is, rock chips and claybarring the dirt stuck in the paint.

Since your post focusses only appearance, you could save a lot of money and have a very similar car now by buying a Mazda 3. Saves waiting until the MS3's are out, don't need to save as much money and it will be cheaper to own (lower insurance costs). There are some pretty nice lip kits for the 2010 Mazda 3's as well.

Red's always an interesting color, I'd wait to see what red they go with on the 2010 MS3, of the two reds on the base 3's I think I like the darker one better, except that they only offer it with tan interior.

white is easy to keep clean and hardly notice any scratches or swirls. I dont know what it is about red and sun that makes the cars look orange but sometimes it looks sweet others it doesnt in my opinion.

the more i look at the 2009 models, the more i like the color red.

i plan on getting the 2010 models, simply because i've sat in the mazda3's, and i like the digital dash, the looks, and inside.

Just cannot decide on a color :(

the interior of the 2010 is alot nicer than the 09's

if they make the 2010 MS3 in Liquid Silver you should get that. its an amazing color, almost looks like mercury.

I liked the red MS3's but there is no metallic flake whatsoever in the paint. It's sorta bland. Not to mention, you have to stay ontop of cleaning a red car, otherwise it can fade over time. Not fun imo. The worst that happens with white is, rock chips and claybarring the dirt stuck in the paint.

thats for the current model.. the next gen they are going back to velocity red mica.... so it WILL have flake and what not... will look the red ms6's and the red Rx8..like altaspace..

i say go with the red..

Hi im umbrella,

I don't have an MS3 yet, i will start saving up so i can hopefully purchase it next year. I signed up for the forums to get to know the car better.

I am having trouble deciding on the color. I am stuck between RED and WHITE. I do want to get the bottom Black lips (around front bumper) kit.

How dirty does white get compared to red? And vice versa. Also, could you state your opinion on which color you prefer?

Thanks,
-Umbrella

White will get just as dirty as Red, It just will not look it. Do not even consider the regular 3. (The slow one!!) If you do get the slow 3, you will hate yourself later.

White will get just as dirty as Red, It just will not look it. Do not even consider the regular 3. (The slow one!!) If you do get the slow 3, you will hate yourself later.

I drove the 2010 2.5L with a 6spd and it wasnt that slow. compared to my ms3 yes but its got plenty of pep and still does 100+ no problem. The only problem is with the way the option the 2.5L they cost as much if not more than my MS3 did.

Shouldh've made a poll on this thread...

I'd go white. Shows the curves more and the easiest car to keep clean. Plus looks more classy IMO

micronesia what do you mean by "getting yourself in trouble"? insurance rate wise?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll have to wait a while and see how they look like compared to each other in person for the 2010 models.

P.S. do you think they upgraded the Motor Mounts in the new 2010's?

the '10 looks like a chick car and the selfish part of me is glad it doesn't have any more power than ours.

it reminds me of when fomoco came out w/ the girly '94 mustang.

Back