Which parts should I get?

:
Mazda 2
Alright guys. I have a couple bucks to spend on my car. I'm thinking of getting AWR mount, CS shift plate, and CS intake. OR custom exhaust from an exhaust place. If it was your money, what would you get?

I say save up a little more and get the adjustable dampers. Or the intake plus motor mount or short shifter, can't go wrong there either way. I'm currently trying to decide between the intake&snorkel vs the adjustables, and leaning toward the latter (already have exh, springs, bars, skidplate, shifter, wheels&tires).

I want the struts, but I'll wait a bit longer. The intake, mount, and shifter sounds more enticing because its power, and great shifting. While the exhaust is power and sound. You can probably barely feel any more power though...

I want the struts, but I'll wait a bit longer. The intake, mount, and shifter sounds more enticing because its power, and great shifting. While the exhaust is power and sound. You can probably barely feel any more power though...

You may not notice a power increase with just the CS SRI but when you couple the SRI with the CS Catback exhaust you will definitely feel more power. Also, the CS SRI and CS Cat Back exhaust with racepipe sound awesome!

Make sure to get the CS Air Duct for the SRI. I couldn't believe something like the Air Duct would make much of a deference but It did especially at highway speeds.

Ok then definitely go the intake/ss/awr over the exhaust. You'll still be able to hear the car decently, only the shifting feel and throttle response will be markedly improved. Though that last post really has me wanting the intake, too many good mods to choose from!

Well, in that vein, I think my next improvement on the 2 will be weight reduction, starting with the driver.

^ Easiest way to improve performance with no increase in NVH or decrease in wallet size.

Intake coupled with exhaust is definitely noticeable -- and like Tom said the duct even helps more. And like John said, every little bit in the 2 helps, and if it all adds up to 10hp gain that's 10%!

Your plan sounds good to start, but you should try to plan for the exhaust later on -- I got the non-racepipe version and even that one was a quite noticeable improvement when I added it to the CS intake.

I would probably go for the CS intake, Ss.
also why not headers?

No reason why not. Just understand what you want versus what you get. There are some headers that will "plug and play" into the stock system and get a moderate power increase and those that will get a good power increase. Those that get a good increase may require other work such as a custom exhaust (size and length) as well as re-wiring the O2 sensors since length and configuration won't plug into OEM dimensions.

The exhaust on my Integra has no relationship from the head on back to the stock system. Everything has been changed including the O2 wiring.

Pain vs. Gain......

John

I'd say, go with the Intake/Mount/Shifter. It'll give a lot better driving feel, than just an exhaust ( I do know you wanna get your exhaust done badly Kyle :P).

After you get that stuff done, then save up for the exhaust! Trust me, all those combined make for an enjoyable ride!

Then slam your car.

That's what I plan on doing Alex. I think it'll make the drive much more enjoyable. Slam will come sooner or later. You're my slamspiration.

Back