Which FMIC do you think its best.

ca_deal1

:
2003.5 MSP
Which FMIC do you think its best.
Please do not attack other FMIC just because you dont think they are good.
This is just a poll to find out what people think.
!!! no bad mouth other people in anyways!!!!

there are several choices, there is no "best" answer. it depends what you're looking for and how much you're willing to spend.
Mental Addiction, Hiboost, Perrin, Ion, etc

pdhaudio83 said:
there are several choices, there is no "best" answer. it depends what you're looking for and how much you're willing to spend.
Mental Addiction, Hiboost, Perrin, Ion, etc
(werd) I have the perrin right now but im planning on switching over to the mam very soon (evil)

Production on ours will start shortly. I will have a complete write-up with information and pictures as soon as I can.

mspeed101 said:
(werd) I have the perrin right now but im planning on switching over to the mam very soon (evil)

no love for the perrin? why, just courious b/c i was planning on switchin to that in the future. maybe i can take it off your hands.

NO way i already got dibs on his perrin when he gives it up ! lol

I like the Perrin kit the most best looking IC out of ALL the kits made for our car aluminum piping free shipping too pimp...

If i had to choose a back up it would be Hiboost tho hands down

I just paid for mine today. But still have the choice between 2 one is 26x9x3.5 the other is the same core as the MAM. Still not sure which to chose. the MaM is 26x6x3.5 i believe.

kicker22705 said:
no love for the perrin? why, just courious b/c i was planning on switchin to that in the future. maybe i can take it off your hands.
Well the intercooler looks great imo but im going a different direction with my car. Im possibly looking into a street sleeper kit or maybe even the thumper kit (evil) so I will have no need for this.

MAM hands down!!! It the most complete, better looking, and buit to last.

If cost is no object, I would say MAM, Ion, Perrin, Hi Boost, Begi in that order.
Just my opinion.

Yup, I like the ION....sure it was a pain to install (Eh just takes time) but I am running an upgrade Rad and have a nice Intercooler. I also like having SS pipes instead of cheaper Alum pipes. I am also not a fan of the shinny/polished intercooler of the hiboost kit ( I think that is the right kit)

MS MSP said:
If cost is no object, I would say MAM, Ion, Perrin, Hi Boost, Begi in that order.
Just my opinion.

Why would you put them in that order though? BEGI last? :confused: Corky Bell is known for his work with Mazdas. If I were not building one myself that would be who I would go with.... no question about it.

Well, maybe Begi before the Hi Boost.

My understanding is that the Begi only comes with hot side pipes right?

No option for a rad upgrade either.

To clarify, the MAM and Ion kits have the best core, I put the MAM ahead because it appears to be the most complete kit.

I put Ion next due to then fact you can upgrade the rad, s/s pipes, etc.

I dont know a lot about the Perrin other than the core being huge but that you have to sacrifice the bumper support (not an option I would consider).

Begi and Hi Boost, neither offers a rad upgrade, and my understanding is that the pipes are mild steel.

In the land of salt and snow, Id prefer S/S or Aluminum.

Again, this is just my opinion.

HorsepowerFreak said:
Why would you put them in that order though? BEGI last? :confused: Corky Bell is known for his work with Mazdas. If I were not building one myself that would be who I would go with.... no question about it.

the begi kit also cost less than the other kits, and the IC to TB pipe will yield no performance gains. Corky even explained that, he offered a IC tot TB pipe for a little more. Although the BEGI fmic does allow for a P5 rad, I believe u can just upgrade the rad with one from pwr.(and dont the msp and p5 rads have the same capacity just different dimensions? so why bother just add water wetter) the SS piping is fine in canada, mine sees salt all day and shines like new. I know the begi core is suppost to be a really good design too.

well for me i would have to say perrin. if you show your car it looks better just becuase it fills the bumper. and if you plan on upgradeing the turbo you will need a bigger fmic . ive seen the hiboost i think there is way to much pipeing for it. as perrin is a straight shot. dont know to much about mam i am sure he makes a good fmic but i would have to go with perrin..

Back