Which Downpipe???

Hans507

:
MSP03.5
Ok...i want to buy my downpipe but the problem is i dont know which one to get......so im asking......which is the best downpipe for our cars???

CPE: nice...one piece....can get a cat with it....expensive ($545 or 685 w/ cat)
Corksport: nice...two piece....can't buy it with a cat (but could always buy one and weld it in)....cheap/est ($450)...down pipe has divorced gases (supposed to be better)
TurboXS: two piece, can't buy it with a cat, cheap around $450 I think too

Any plans for catback?

Yep them are standard fare for us . might as well do manifold pipes too hhmmm. you are right there wrenching and cutting up your hands on heat shields. might as well get it all done now. have you selected your turbo upgrade yet. again a perfect opportunity to install that...

ok ....dont want any cats...no turbo upgrade yet...im considering upgrading the turbo manifold too....

You will need to have the car tuned for these mods but should be fun.

uummmm....NO ?! there are TONS of cars with full exhaust and no EMS. you may be able to squeeze out a few more ponies with an EMS by adding timing or leaning the car out, but IT IS IN NO WAY NEEDED !

uummmm....NO ?! there are TONS of cars with full exhaust and no EMS. you may be able to squeeze out a few more ponies with an EMS by adding timing or leaning the car out, but IT IS IN NO WAY NEEDED !

I am not sure I agree. You sir are controlling voltages with your clamps, and that is ok. Is that not a basic form of tuning? I assume you guys all wideband your adjusments. That, is tuning the performance of your most excellent car. And you no longer have fuel cut from this big improvement in flow, do you. And your car probably rocks! You are not aTuner but you have tuned! most excellent. I am looking forward to see what I can see for myself. Mazdaspeeds are, when stock are barely tapped for the performance in every aspect. This really is one of my favorite cars.

i guess..... if you call a map clamp tuning ...??? all that does is stop boost cut......thats it it has no other effect on the car what so ever. you can slap on all those mods mentioned before and the car will drive just fine. you will most likely hit some boost/fuel cut though. a map clamp and fuel pump upgrade take car of that ! i dont consider that tuning personally. once you start playing with you fuel addition, timing, maf readings and what not...that is tuning, and again it isnt "needed"

Change

i guess..... if you call a map clamp tuning ...??? all that does is stop boost cut......thats it it has no other effect on the car what so ever. you can slap on all those mods mentioned before and the car will drive just fine. you will most likely hit some boost/fuel cut though. a map clamp and fuel pump upgrade take car of that ! i dont consider that tuning personally. once you start playing with you fuel addition, timing, maf readings and what not...that is tuning, and again it isnt "needed"

I just thought that if you have considered the implications of an electronic, and really also a mechanical upgrade you are trying to change performance. Dialing in performance is a form of tuning. Manipulating voltage is what the Tuner does, with awareness of the outcome. As some of us Hot Rod our cars, it may not be Tuning per se. But it sure must be a basic form. Give the clampers and boost controllers a little credit!

Latest posts

Back