Where to get roof racks and bars for my 2014 CX-5?

I lucked up and got mine for a not-rape-me price from a dealership in New Hampshire (?). I can't remember which one right now, but just google the part numbers, and find someone who actually has them. (This will be the difficult part)

Upvote 0
Mazda Roof Rack Side Rails & Cross Bars | Mazda CX-5 (2013-2016)

7E804328-DF3F-4CF6-A423-0AFD85E681C2.jpeg

9A4F98D3-C8C4-46CA-B6FF-5FE923B876C5.jpeg

36787E1D-4C8D-4C6B-9E2E-20F84C730750.jpeg

5F04A574-48A0-4DD9-B074-D144A3F88BF9.jpeg

A1E9FEF2-75B0-4AAB-B110-4822FB6D3BEA.jpeg

Upvote 0
How much wind noise do the cross bars make?

I have the rails, but saw a CX-5 at church without them and wish mine didn't.

Upvote 0
I took mine off and reinstall them when needed. They add a slight high pitched sound. The sound changes some in a cross wind but not bad. They have an aero design and any accessories you attach to them will probably be much louder in comparison.

Upvote 0
One can cross-shop many sites...
mazdagear.com, mazdaswag.com, mazdapartsfactor.com, mazdaparts.org, mazdashop.ca....

Make sure you compare total prices + S&H + Tax.
These are big items. S&H can be pricy.

Mazdaparts.org offers free S&H for total price greater than $100.

Upvote 0
One can cross-shop many sites...
mazdagear.com, mazdaswag.com, mazdapartsfactor.com, mazdaparts.org, mazdashop.ca....

Make sure you compare total prices + S&H + Tax.
These are big items. S&H can be pricy.

Mazdaparts.org offers free S&H for total price greater than $100.
Tagging for future use.

as an aside,

Offbrand rails and crossbars from China only $287 but negative post about bars breaking under weight. Also would be shipped from overseas. Had bad experience with expensive items shipped from overseas before
Beware :Return postage may be more than the item. So you may be stuck with an expensive item.

Thule and Yakima in the $700 to $800 range. Too pricey plus look like crap.

Appears Mazda originals if purchased from one of the those links are mid-price range of $500. Complement the Mazda look ... And shouldn't need to worry they'll break. Only downside is the rails are silver and need painted black if you want the "chrome delete" look.

It seems the China offbrand crossracks are weak.
Has anyone tried to see if the Mazda black crossrack will fit on the black side rails from China?

Update: Decided to just buy the Mazda brand rails and crossbars.

What black is everyone painting with? Flat black, semi, satin or gloss?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In this economy crunch rethought my new purchase.

Had forgot to check local junkyard. They had a set of roof rack and rails for 1/2 the price of new. Considered it but then it could be missing fasteners, foam pads, etc. And the rubber seals are worn and 5 years old. Don't know if it was damage in a rollover or if the seals/fasteners we're broke, cut or lost during uninstall.

Some junkyards I've been to throw out all the nuts and bolts or cut em off. Don't have time to find and buy new bolts/screws.

Decided to wait for my new shipment to arrive.

However for someone who wants to take a chance, check your junkyard first.

Upvote 0
Back