when to replace CX-9 rear shocks ??

:
2013 CX-9 AWD, 2016.5 CX-5 AWD
Starting to feel vibrations from the rear, tires are rotated and balanced but can still feel vibrations, could it be the rear shocks need to be replaced? car is at 60,000 miles and I notice some nose diving when braking like the rear is lifting off the ground.

Last edited:
Starting to feel vibrations from the rear, tires are rotated and balanced but can still feel vibrations, could it be the rear shocks need to be replaced? car is at 60,000 miles and I notice some nose diving when braking like the rear is lifting off the ground.

I think the rear shocks need replacement if you see traces of oil leaking out. I had mine replaced at about 75K miles. I was notified around 65K but was told that I did not need to replace it unless it starts bouncing up and down. I bit the bullet because I had a tow hitch installed and played it safe. If you take your CX-9 to the dealership for oil changes, they normally perform a checkup to find out what needs fixing since they want to earn your business on that. If they don't mention it, you can have them check if it's leaking.

I think the rear shocks need replacement if you see traces of oil leaking out. I had mine replaced at about 75K miles. I was notified around 65K but was told that I did not need to replace it unless it starts bouncing up and down. I bit the bullet because I had a tow hitch installed and played it safe. If you take your CX-9 to the dealership for oil changes, they normally perform a checkup to find out what needs fixing since they want to earn your business on that. If they don't mention it, you can have them check if it's leaking.

thanks Crikey, they showed me and there were signs of some leaking and some dust and dirt stuck to the oil seepage. Changed the rear shocks and car handles like new again.

thanks Crikey, they showed me and there were signs of some leaking and some dust and dirt stuck to the oil seepage. Changed the rear shocks and car handles like new again.

Glad to help and that you got it taken care of.

Back