What's your mileage?

What's the milage on your 3rd Gen Protege5 or Protege?

• Total voters
Nearing 100k. Still runs great but the little problems add up. Wife and I treat it well but these Canadian winter seem too harsh for it.

Don't even remember how many brake pads I'm at now.......but new rotors on back, new oil pan (rusted through), one rear wheel bearing and rear wiper just died.

hit 56600 on startup this AM on mine

Wife's is almost at 45K

I wondered if the oil pan was prone to rust through...mines looking a little soft. I've checked it a couple of times and it seems solid.

coming up on 124k, boosted auto for the last 50k...haven't done the belt/pump yet...it's till a fun car to drive everyday!

coming up on 124k, boosted auto for the last 50k...haven't done the belt/pump yet...it's till a fun car to drive everyday!

I know its been a year, but you suck joe. I had to get rid of my turbo after a month. I am around 87k and I think i was at what mileage when i started this thread, hold on let me check and then come back and edit the thread(so much fun) i was at 66k back in 06 right after I got back from iraq when i bought this puppy, i hope to get alot more out of her but i am having serious problems with her.

Update: Rolled 227,000 two days ago...

I wouldn't say she's going "strong," but she's going, using about 1qt of oil per week though.

I know its been a year, but you suck joe. I had to get rid of my turbo after a month. I am around 87k and I think i was at what mileage when i started this thread, hold on let me check and then come back and edit the thread(so much fun) i was at 66k back in 06 right after I got back from iraq when i bought this puppy, i hope to get alot more out of her but i am having serious problems with her.

what's going on? i rolled 140k earlier this month, car still drives great...and i've still not done the timing belt! i will be doing it this month though, picked up an 04 msm with 27k, sweet ride! the p5 will become my boosted winter beater!
i'm avg 25-26 mpg combined driving

Last edited:
what's going on? i rolled 140k earlier this month, car still drives great...and i've still not done the timing belt! i will be doing it this month though, picked up an 04 msm with 27k, sweet ride! the p5 will become my boosted winter beater!
i'm avg 25-26 mpg combined driving
I'm getting a mad putter when I am just driving it normal. it is basically undriveable. I get a serious loss of power when it happens too. I changed the plugs and the coils, for the 3rd time. Can a vacuum leak cause this behavior? I might could have a leak at the old vacuum block from when i had the turbo on. I need to find a oem replacement for the brake booster line to fix that. i am just not into cars anymore. I got out of that scene and got into putting my money into RC helis and planes. I am driving an '06 Camry now, and it kinda makes the P5 look bad. im considering trading the p5 in on another vehicle, not sure yet. good to hear from you and good luck with that miata?( thats what an msm is right?) Murph

I'm getting a mad putter when I am just driving it normal. it is basically undriveable. I get a serious loss of power when it happens too. I changed the plugs and the coils, for the 3rd time. Can a vacuum leak cause this behavior? I might could have a leak at the old vacuum block from when i had the turbo on. I need to find a oem replacement for the brake booster line to fix that. i am just not into cars anymore. I got out of that scene and got into putting my money into RC helis and planes. I am driving an '06 Camry now, and it kinda makes the P5 look bad. im considering trading the p5 in on another vehicle, not sure yet. good to hear from you and good luck with that miata?( thats what an msm is right?) Murph
that's too bad man....a vac leak can cause driveability issues for sure..msm...mazdaspeed miata...good luck sir!!

I'm at 227K on my canadian P5. Second owner and she knocks @ WOT with anything under 91 octane. It may be because I have the MP3 ecu installed. She's still going strong though.

Drove the car today (wife usually drives it) and rolled over 213,000 miles. Still on the original clutch and struts. Ready for a new set of tires, and probably struts as well..

Still runs well, probably will go over it with a fine-tooth comb in the spring.

Hi all

We have a P5 that is at about 165000 Km on it and has been a great car. We lived in Dawson Creek BC for 3 years with temp of about -20 and dipping down to -40 at times. I had a block heater installed as well I installed an oil pan heater.

I have done my oil changes at 5000km at all time and have run synthetic Mobile 1 cents new. Though she is now starting to show her time up north with a little bit cancer in places.

Hi all

We have a P5 that is at about 165000 Km on it and has been a great car. We lived in Dawson Creek BC for 3 years with temp of about -20 and dipping down to -40 at times. I had a block heater installed as well I installed an oil pan heater.

I have done my oil changes at 5000km at all time and have run synthetic Mobile 1 cents new. Though she is now starting to show her time up north with a little bit cancer in places.

Do you work in the natural gas industry up there?

Latest posts

Back