What wax do you use to make your CX-9 look amazing?

Machine grey here and was wondering if I should apply a coat of wax to protect the paint and make it stay looking new?

I've heard that Collinite 845 is a pretty good choice - would it be too early too apply given the car is still under six months old?

I also have a machine grey CX-9 and I would say yes to wax application! At least once a year depending on your conditions. I don't think six months is too early, but I would do a clay bar treatment before polishing/waxing, if you haven't already. I have also heard good things about Collinite 845, but I don't have any experience with it. I have used Blackfire One Step (liquid polish/wax) and P&S Beadmaker (spray-on sealant). Both products are good, but the Beadmaker is a great last step product. It leaves a very, very smooth feeling surface and looks excellent.

Upvote 0
Chemical guys butter wax makes darker paints look amazing but it really only keeps the look for a few weeks. Griots best of show wax has the same results for me. Longer lasting but not as much of that wet look, I like to use griots 3in1 ceramic wax. Looks great and protects for quite a while.

Future reference, typically once your paint is on for 30 days, its cured enough for waxes. You shouldn't have to use a compound or polish with new paint unless there's a scuff or light scratch and if you do, make sure you use a fine cutting compound.

Upvote 0
I should note, my recommendation for clay bar treatment depends on the condition of your paint. When my car was delivered to the dealership it had less than 20 kms on it, but when I ran my fingers over some areas of the paint, it felt a bit gritty/rough to the touch, likely due to iron fallout exposure during transport to the dealer. Mostly on the front fenders and the lower part of the rear doors. If your car's paint doesn't feel like this, then you can skip straight to the last step product.

Upvote 0
Look online, depending on your paint, iron delete, clay bar, compound, wax/ ceramic wax/ nufinish. Just depends what your paint looks like, how much elbow grease you have.

Upvote 0
Depends on the condition of your paint. If it's in good shape, the following products are great:

Klasse All-In-One is a great cleaner wax. It's very easy to use.

After the cleaner wax, I like to add a traditional wax on top. Collinite 845 is a personal favorite. This one's also easy to use and it seems to last and last.

If you need to do some correction, and do not want to risk destroying your paint, the the Porter-Cable 7424Xp 6-inch (Random Orbit) polisher is pretty awesome.

Upvote 0
I did a ceramic treatment in 2019 Mazda3 hatch but decided when I got the CX-9 I would go back to traditional maintenance, I'm using Meguiar's hybrid ceramic wax and Hybrid ceramic detailed in between waxed, fantastic shine and micro beading and car looks clean even after 2 weeks of driving rain included.

Upvote 0
Today is the sixth month since I treated my 2021 CX5 to the TURTLE wax CERMIC Hybrid. The car surface is still beading water like crazy and I can't tell much different from the first day. My vehicle is garaged at night but, spends about 5 hours in the hot midday sun where in SW. FL. I will follow up at 9 months and 1 year. Ed

Upvote 0
Today is the sixth month since I treated my 2021 CX5 to the TURTLE wax CERMIC Hybrid. The car surface is still beading water like crazy and I can't tell much different from the first day. My vehicle is garaged at night but, spends about 5 hours in the hot midday sun where in SW. FL. I will follow up at 9 months and 1 year. Ed
I’ve watched videos on YouTube and this product and it is about as good as you can get off the shelf. I’ve seen amazing results with it.

Upvote 0
Find a professional detailer that works with Ceramic Pro - they offer a 5-year and Lifetime packages. The result is outstanding - better then any over-the-counter products I have seen. It's a little costly, but wow does it look great.

Upvote 0
Dusted off old thread....

I've tried many, and my favorite now is 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating. In all cases the paint needs to be in good condition, so do what's necessary--clay bar or a good polish (which cleans & shines, does not protect) or whatever it needs. The 303 product is the easiest to use, quite long lasting, and lowest cost per month of protection I've found. I've use very good polymer glazes and ceramic coatings, all were great, and none were as easy and as low cost as this 303. It is not like any other spray I've found, much better.

Upvote 0
Back