what to do

what to do

• bild it

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • dont bild it

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
do u know anyone that been tune by them

I was referred to them a while back when I had my MSP and wanted a turbo rebuilt. But unfortunately, no; I don't know anyone that has actually been tuned by them. I just knew they offered the service; and wasn't aware you lived in Miami.

you mentioned a stand alone in your first post, is there any word on one coming to the market to support DI?

well i called cp-e last week to ask if there any tuners in sofla and the told me no, but i remember the on msf some one said that cpe was making a stand alon so i asked the rep and she told me "the ecu is in the R&D stages there are no exact dates on when it will be relis"

I was referred to them a while back when I had my MSP and wanted a turbo rebuilt. But unfortunately, no; I don't know anyone that has actually been tuned by them. I just knew they offered the service; and wasn't aware you lived in Miami.

aaaaa i seeee well i was thinking ill take it to cpe and have them tune the car

CPe offers a remote tuneing options. might not be as great as in person on a dyno, but if it saves a long ass drive... might look into it.

Build it!.. But save for a GT28 or 30 with an EWG. You're never going to exceed the boost limit of these turbos with the fueling system restrictions.

Either way, save the money and build the motor so you can crank up the boost with no worries.

Man, don't take this the wrong way, but you really need to try to spell. "Bild"? "weit" "stand along" "shood" "dot" "moter"

It's brutal to try to read all that.

Getting to your question: what is your goal? You can spend as much money as you have and build as much power as the block can take. It's pay to play with any serious power gain. Just remember that this is a fwd platform. There are serious traction issues in the lower three gears with even modest upgrades in power. I have to feather the throttle all the way through first and second and part of third now with WOT runs with my modest mods. I don't know how I could use much more power with this chassis and on street tires.

There are limits on tire width and on the strength of the other parts of the drive train. Strength of the transaxle, half-shafts, engine mounts, suspension pieces, all become very questionable when you push the outer limits of a truly "built" engine.

I can say that the stock K04 turbo maxes out at 18 psi boost at 5,500 rpm or a taper to about 15-16 psi to 6,000 rpm. Try to push it beyond that and you are asking for trouble.

If you want accurate info on built engine, big turbo cost and performance consider going to the "other" board, the one with "speed" in its name. If you have to be asking about cost, you probably ought not to be considering it, because the initial cost is just the beginning. Pushed hard, things will break.

Like I said, it's pay to play.

definately true and of course the other forum is better and has all the info you need unlike this forum

well the thing is im not looking for power im ok with making over 300hp, I dont race the car i just want to know that is there if i need it , im really just thinking of doing this because my stock turbo got f-up and i ned to come out of pocket on the turbo im not a power hungre guy im ok with the way my car runs now i just want to make it over the 300hp hump.

ps. sorry about my spelling

then why the hell do you want a 35R....you are best off building it and running a GT28 or GT30 if ur happy with lower 300hp...run lower conservative boost on it with a conservative tune...

35R is way overkill with what you just said above(notcool)

Well as long as you can keep the boost in check, you should be fine with all the bolt ons. Obviously building the block would be a safer bet. But if you have a good tune, you should be ok. I've read about people using a tune to push the torque curve a little further into the rpms to avoid too much torque down low which snaps rods. Perhaps thats an option as well?

What's so special about the CPE SB that a normal shop can't tune it for you? I would imagine that any shop who offers tuning services would be able to figure it out.

i wouldn't trust a shop that has never tuned a standback before **** that ...spend all this money on a build and then ur motor blows cuz of a bad ass tune(rlaugh)

well i called cp-e last week to ask if there any tuners in sofla and the told me no, but i remember the on msf some one said that cpe was making a stand alon so i asked the rep and she told me "the ecu is in the R&D stages there are no exact dates on when it will be relis"

CP-E TCE or something like that....

Motec makes a DI standalone also

Build it!.. But save for a GT28 or 30 with an EWG. You're never going to exceed the boost limit of these turbos with the fueling system restrictions.

Either way, save the money and build the motor so you can crank up the boost with no worries.

lol what restrictions...there is no restrictions as of yet....? get a good pump and run meth

lol what restrictions...there is no restrictions as of yet....? get a good pump and run meth

"The Wall" I know you can increase pump pressure and all, but unless I've been under a rock for the last few months the highest pull I've seen on an MS3 is around 430 whp? And it can't push any farther because of restrictions in the stock DI fueling system... no aftermarket company (to my knowledge) has made bigger injectors or other components that can increase the fuel beyond what a high flow fuel pump and stock injectors/rail can provide. Meth helps, and a good amount too, but you can only go SO far with it. If this sounds wrong and I'm seriously misinformed, I apologize, hah. I haven't read up on new developments for the platform in a little while. I guess I should do some reading on MSF if that's the case.

Back