2016~2023 What to Do? Brake Fluid Reservoir Overfilled and Puddle on Garage Floor

:
2016 CX-9 Signature/2015 CX-5 Touring/2013 MX-5 GT PRHT
I wanted to change my brake fluid. I decided to use a funnel to help top the reservoir before I start the bleeding process. My idiot-self poured fluid into the funnel while watching the brake fluid reservoir level. By the time I realize the funnel fluid level went up too, it was too late, the fluid reservoir was overflowing fluid and the fluid drained all the way down to the undercarriage leaving a puddle on the garage floor. I decided to just call it a night and come back to the fluid change over the weekend.

I covered the battery up and I used a garden hose to spray down that area of the engine compartment where the brake fluid reservoir/master cylinder is...but is there anything else I can do to clean things up?

You should have cleaned it as soon as possible, and that's because brake fluid will eat thru paint given enough time. Best you can do now is clean the area as good as possible with soap and water.

I wanted to change my brake fluid. I decided to use a funnel to help top the reservoir before I start the bleeding process. My idiot-self poured fluid into the funnel while watching the brake fluid reservoir level. By the time I realize the funnel fluid level went up too, it was too late, the fluid reservoir was overflowing fluid and the fluid drained all the way down to the undercarriage leaving a puddle on the garage floor. I decided to just call it a night and come back to the fluid change over the weekend.

I covered the battery up and I used a garden hose to spray down that area of the engine compartment where the brake fluid reservoir/master cylinder is...but is there anything else I can do to clean things up?

Eeewwww, bad news that you left it overnight, brake fluid eats paint and is difficult to really clean off. Spraying it with a hose only made it worse as it spread it throughout everywhere. We all spill stuff, brake fluid included but immediate clean up is required when doing so. This is what I use https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

The Black Magic Bleche White is powerful cleaning stuff, it works well and then after I use it, I clean with water. Good luck, I hope there's no paint damage!

Back