What to consider replacing "while in there" for a clutch job?

:
BMW M3 / Mazda5
Planning to have the clutch assembly replaced in our 2012 Mz5 6MT (2.5L). What are good things to consider replacing while everything's apart for that job? Haven't found a Mazda5-specific DIY so I'm not sure exactly what's involved. Happy to have any and all recommendations!

Last edited:
This should be a common question regardless of the car but I bet if you google Mazda 3, you'll find specific answers. Btw, do you know what "kit" you are aiming for? This will determine what it comes with.

This should be a common question regardless of the car but I bet if you google Mazda 3, you'll find specific answers. Btw, do you know what "kit" you are aiming for? This will determine what it comes with.
Thanks. I downloaded a Mazda 3 shop manual and started poking through it.

Going for all OE parts. Having this done by a dealership. Expensive, but I want genuine parts and a warranty.

The car's in the shop right now, but parts deliveries are delayed so I think there's still time for suggestions if anyone has some.

Here's the list as of now:

- Clutch kit (disc, PP, TOB, pilot bearing)
- Starter
- Rear main seal

They want to inspect the flywheel and advise whether to replace it. Gotta decide whether I want them to just do it regardless (would add like $600).

Any further thoughts welcome!

Do the transmission axle seals as well as the joint shaft bearing and seals for sure.
Check your wheel bearings and replace if necessary.

I did CV axles struts flywheel and motor Mount while it was apart.

Now I have lower control arms I want to do. I am also replacing all other bushings that I can front and rear. Beating too.

Back