What prices are you paying for a new CX9?

FYI- October incentives look better than Septembers! According to Edmunds.com, the 2011 CX-9's now have $2,500 rebates! ($500 rebate, $2,000 Manufacturer to Dealer, which you should get) Wish I would have waited a couple weeks :( I think we still did good though, the incentives in September were $1,500, and we got our 2011 T for $2,500 under invoice. So, with October incentives, if you push a good bargain, I think you are doing good if you can get one for $3,000-$3,500 under INVOICE. Good luck!

FYI- October incentives look better than Septembers! According to Edmunds.com, the 2011 CX-9's now have $2,500 rebates! ($500 rebate, $2,000 Manufacturer to Dealer, which you should get) Wish I would have waited a couple weeks :( I think we still did good though, the incentives in September were $1,500, and we got our 2011 T for $2,500 under invoice. So, with October incentives, if you push a good bargain, I think you are doing good if you can get one for $3,000-$3,500 under INVOICE. Good luck!
Damn, I bought mine on 9/24...Should have waited 1 more week! So you got $1k under invoice b-4 rebates? If so, I left $ on the table. I paid invoice and got $1k in rebates, so making it $1k under invoice.

So far the best I can do is $34,700 for a 2011 GT with Nav. That would appear to be under invoice, but not by a whole lot. Ironically, it's not far payment-wise from the 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L with Nav that I was also looking at.

I like the CX-9 more though, so I'm still looking into it. Do you guys think that prices will get better into November than October, or that it's better to buy now? I'm leasing, and so far the incentives I'm getting amount to about $2600 on the car, which I thought would get me near the $33k level.

I should add...

that $34.7k offer is $2300 below invoice, and includes all the fees (except the bank fee, since I'll be leasing). Maybe it's not a bad deal considering I'm in NYC.

Damn, I bought mine on 9/24...Should have waited 1 more week! So you got $1k under invoice b-4 rebates? If so, I left $ on the table. I paid invoice and got $1k in rebates, so making it $1k under invoice.

The price of the car, yes, $2,500 under invoice ($29,723). Of course you know there is always more to the story.... If we had no trade, we would have paid about $1,000 or so under invoice, Out The Door (you know, fees, taxes, title tags, etc.). They gave us $15k on a trade that we owed $15.8k putting us $800 backwards. In the end, we paid $223 under invoice price, Out The Door. (Invoice price with options was 32,223. We gave them a bank loan check for $32k, and drove home). Their first offer was like $33,150 OTD, or something like that, after they looked at the trade. I told them we have financing lined up, and we can do $32k even OTD, or we were leaving. We walked outside, and the sales manager came out and said he could do it. It really wasn't a difficult negotiation process. I knew what we wanted to pay, I knew what invoice was, and I knew what another dealer told me they would give for the trade. We were prepared to go 32,500, but weren't letting on to that. I just wanted to try to squeeze $500-$1,000 more out of the dealer, because it was the last day of the month, and I figured they would be motivated......Of course we could have waited a week and did better, dammit. (scratch)

Got a 2012 Touring FWD with Moonroof/Bose, 6CD changer, tail hitch receiver, roof racks, and power liftgate. Sticker was $35,922. Paid $32,500 and got the 0% financing for 60 months. OTD $34K.

just wondering if there is any Canadians on this forum that have purchased a cx-9 2011 or 2012 and how much they paid. We have only the GS model and GT model. I am interested in the GS model awd with luxury package.

I'm looking at a AWD '12 GT w/moonroof/bose. I've done a ton of research and think a fair offer is $35K. I want to take advantage of the 0% and no payments for 90 days. Does anyone know if there is any dealer holdback on these? This will be a no-trade deal and no sales tax since my wife is native american. I just want to know if there is anymore money left they can discount, I don't want to leave anything on the table. Thanks.

I'm looking at a AWD '12 GT w/moonroof/bose. I've done a ton of research and think a fair offer is $35K. I want to take advantage of the 0% and no payments for 90 days. Does anyone know if there is any dealer holdback on these? This will be a no-trade deal and no sales tax since my wife is native american. I just want to know if there is anymore money left they can discount, I don't want to leave anything on the table. Thanks.

I bought a similar setup last year and was able to get them to take $200 off the delivery fee as well. Other ideas would be free mud guards and/or roof racks installed.

Hold back should be between 1-2% according to edmunds it's 1%, this other website says 2%. I would recommend going to truecar.com to get pricing, or look on local dealer ads. Cars.com may also advertise low pricing on new cars. Try to get dealers to compete against each other for your business, unless there aren't many dealers in your area. I just picked up my used '10 GT today, I didn't feel like it was worth it to buy a new '12, just because the incentives aren't great, and I couldn't find any '11s left with the additional $1k customer cash. Good luck.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/dealer-holdback/
http://www.carbuytip.com/car-buying-tips/dealer-holdbacks.html

I went to truecar and the price for the GT with moonroof pkg was $33,749. The one I was looking at had the useless DVD Nav for $1655.00 . the dealer said he couldn't take it out and really wanted to move this unit since he had it in stock so he gave it to us at no charge. After walking out (always do that), and a week of negotiations we may a deal. My wife says I'm cheap but I like to think I'm thrifty, plus I love the art of the deal.

So saturday I am taking delivery of a Liquid Silver AWD GT. It has moonroof, power hatch and bose pkg & roof rails. I got it for Dealer Cost of $33,749. I got $14,500. trade on my '07 VW Passat Wolfsburg Edition with 25K miles. The car is perfect but $14,500. is about what I could sell it for myself.

So we are financing $19,249. for 60 months at 0% . No sales tax since my wife is Native American and tax exempt. I'm also getting the 7 piece all weather floor mat set at cost which I am paying cash for.

The only thing I want to add is rear DVD player for the nieces and nephews. The factory unit was just too pricey for me so I'll pick up the Audiovox unit from bestbuy or crutchfield. If anyone has any input on DVD players, let me know.

I look forward to having a ute in the stable again. I love the Passat but it just too small for our needs.

I'll let y'all know how the deal goes. Thanks again for all the info. I look forward to being a part of this community.

Back