What mileage did you have at oil change #1?

Does anyone think it would help to replace just the engine oil filter at 1000 miles, and then replace filter and oil change every 5000-7000 miles?
I have mazda oil filters but didn't buy any 0W20 oil yet. I'm thinking the first oil filter will have some metal particles if any so replacing just the filter might be good for the engine, but it might just be a waste of money.

I think changing out the oil filter before the first recommended oil change is a total waste of money and time. Oil filters are designed to go or exceed the maximum distance recommended by the manufacture.

Does anyone think it would help to replace just the engine oil filter at 1000 miles, and then replace filter and oil change every 5000-7000 miles?
I have mazda oil filters but didn't buy any 0W20 oil yet. I'm thinking the first oil filter will have some metal particles if any so replacing just the filter might be good for the engine, but it might just be a waste of money.

I know that this was popular back in about 1960, but I have never seen this as a recommended maintenance practice. Modern engines are so clean running and have very few, if any, "shavings" in them that this is not needed.

5,000 miles to Mobil1 0w20 Full Syn. 2nd at 10,000 miles. Couldn't care less if I did it early. Not going to hurt my wallet as its only a few bucks. I much rather have clean oil cycling through than save enough to buy me a few extra packs of gum during the year.

Bringing mine in for an Infotainment update this coming Saturday and will have my first oil change done at the same time. Only 2 months old and 2500 kms. I figure the first oil change is important to get any gunk out of the new engine. After that, I will change it every 7-8000 kms.

Bon

Bringing mine in for an Infotainment update this coming Saturday and will have my first oil change done at the same time. Only 2 months old and 2500 kms. I figure the first oil change is important to get any gunk out of the new engine. After that, I will change it every 7-8000 kms.

Bon
do we have to service the car every 4 months even if it didn't clicked 8000 kms in order to keep the warranty? I am due for my second oil change( 8 months up) but only has 6000 clicks on my CX5

Back