What have you done to your P5 today?

I should know this, but i don't...where is the t-stat sensor? Can't find it in the shop manual.

You have a coolant temp sensor on the pipe that connects the upper radiator hose to the block.

Bah...coolant temp sensor is correct. Thanks for correcting me as I had t-stat on the brain.

I drove to work today and tomorrow's commute will include a stop at the gas station.

Modded washer tank

I did what I think is a worthwhile mod to the washer tank, I cut about 4 inchs off the neck, now changing bulbs shouldn't be a pain in the ass. I welded the two pieces of the neck back together with a soldering iron and then used heat cured plastic specific epoxy. Beats having to pull the bumper,and the headlight, especially if your P5 eats bulbs. I will post a few more pics when I get it back in the car.

Pat

Attachments

• Web Modified washer tank 001.jpg
    Web Modified washer tank 001.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 111
  • Web Modified washer tank 002.jpg
    Web Modified washer tank 002.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Web Modified washer tank 003.jpg
    Web Modified washer tank 003.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 107
the stereo setup
Head unit
Pioneer Avic N4
bluetooth addon
sat radio add on
ipod
ps3
xbox 360
2 pioneer screens in head rests
1 clarion dropdown
2 Rockford fosgate t1 12's
1 line-x coated box Ported
2 Rockford fosgate POWER T 1500.1 amps ( 1500 watts RMS @1 ohm )
1 Rockford fosgate 100 fared cap
1 Kenetic 1600 battery
1 Optima yellow top
2 Rockford fosgate Power t series 6.5 components in rear door
2 Rockford fosgate Power T series 6x9's ( front door and read dech
1 Rockford fosgate POWER T 1000.4 mids and highs amp
1 Rockford fosgate 360.2 digital eq
4 dynamat kits

Wow, any pics?

the stereo setup
Head unit
Pioneer Avic N4
bluetooth addon
sat radio add on
ipod
ps3
xbox 360
2 pioneer screens in head rests
1 clarion dropdown
2 Rockford fosgate t1 12's
1 line-x coated box Ported
2 Rockford fosgate POWER T 1500.1 amps ( 1500 watts RMS @1 ohm )
1 Rockford fosgate 100 fared cap
1 Kenetic 1600 battery
1 Optima yellow top
2 Rockford fosgate Power t series 6.5 components in rear door
2 Rockford fosgate Power T series 6x9's ( front door and read dech
1 Rockford fosgate POWER T 1000.4 mids and highs amp
1 Rockford fosgate 360.2 digital eq
4 dynamat kits

Looks like a good setup. I would advise doing a big 3 upgrade with 1/0 gauge.

im actually considering REMOVING it... i hit 155 DB this morning and yet again broke my damn mirror... I work for a car audio shop on fort riley, so I get kicks outta bumpin' my stereo and knockin s*** off the walls of other buildings.. its great... so some of you who dont understand db to loudness.. or over distance... with my front windows DOWN and the stereo at say.. 30 ( out of 40) the sub amp's are about 3/4 the way turned up. bass boost off, on the amp and deck, the deck eq output sub phase down, the 360.2 sub phase down adn tuned to 39hz i can drive past my apartments ( the road is about 400-500 feet from them) and my girlfriend gets the right to b**** about me having my stereo turned up to damn loud..

when i find my camera.. ill upload some video of the camera bouncin around on a solid mount, // hell even at about 70 on the hiway.. my hood shakes...

the goal with my car was to make it as STOCK looking as possible.. however there are a few things here and there that give it away... like for example.. im wanting to make some fiberglass doors.. and perhaps some a pillar speaker mounts.. but im not totally sure.. I have other things to worry about first...

Last edited:

power isnt an issue... im still using the stock ALT. I do have a COMPLETE grounding kit, as well as a voltage regulator, and a voltage stabilizer.. i have 1/0 running from the front to the back. it goes like this

1/0 from battery to battery in trunk
1/0 from TRUNK BATTERY to dis block
4gauge to 100 fared cap
4gauge from cap to amps ( sub )
4gauge to mids amp

my alt hasn't given me any issues as of YET... however... before i added that extra battery and cap... my car would shut off pretty much..

Took the rumble out of the back! Its so strange driving around without the subs in the back. But boy does the car ride completely different without the weight of the fiberglass box! Ummmmmm what should I build now.............

power isnt an issue... im still using the stock ALT. I do have a COMPLETE grounding kit, as well as a voltage regulator, and a voltage stabilizer.. i have 1/0 running from the front to the back. it goes like this

1/0 from battery to battery in trunk
1/0 from TRUNK BATTERY to dis block
4gauge to 100 fared cap
4gauge from cap to amps ( sub )
4gauge to mids amp

my alt hasn't given me any issues as of YET... however... before i added that extra battery and cap... my car would shut off pretty much..

Good stuff! You don't need the cap, but yeah if you have any problems, looks like HO alt is going to be the only next step haha.

You posted it too late....lol you still got it just in case they don't have the 5dr one? Because if they don't I'll buy yours and get v brace set instead lol

Back