What have you done to your P5 today?

Just realized I haven't posted up anything in a while on here.

Here's the progress...

Ordered my reinforcement bar and lateral links for the trunk cage from a friend and they should be getting shipped tomorrow. I'm still looking for a GTSpec rear strut bar to complete the cage. I'm going to be making a sort of false floor out of MDF and covering it with carpet when the cage is installed. I'll cut it all out and make it look as nice as possible.

I also am switching from my Sprint springs to Tein S-techs. I've seen pics of P5's with them and I like the even drop a lot more than the slight rake I have going on right now.

I am also purchasing a Lentech Street Terminator valve body from a fellow member this weekend when he gets it off his car and puts his stock one back in. I've been looking at getting one for a while and the opportunity literally fell into my lap.

That's about it. Install day is 8 days away and I'm really excited :D

Yes, please post a link here to your DIY thread...

I've been wanting some for my bimmer for years. I usually just use blue painters tape though.

Go to office Depot, buy the magentic printer sheets.

On the word document for the letters the font size is 400 and for the numbers is 750 according to SCCA rules. (I used the transformers font lol)

I havent done the numbers yet. but here are my FSP letters.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 102
Just got the EGR valve off and boy is it gunked up for 100,000 without ever being cleaned. Ill post how it worked out after im done.

Hey fish I'm excited for you. I can't wait to see the end product. Will you be documenting the whole install?

Thanks man. And yup I will be. I got a brand new HD sony camcorder for my birthday a month ago and it will be recording every single step of the process :D

got and painted the top half of my DG lip :) looks great, ill be posting installed pics tomm
i have to do a little buffing on it to really make it shine but for teaser pics check my threaddd

Got that EGR outta the car, cleaned her up and put her back in. To my suprise, there was no rust on the valve spring like many have so I guess it was in good shape. Cleaned out the carbon with come carb cleaner and a brush. After all this the car is running much better at a higher rpm. But the real test will be to see how the car acts when I try to start it up after sitting through the cold night. Thanks for getting me that HOW TO link stealth, you always come through.

I somewhat attempted the EGR removal today but the screw started softening up from barely trying to loosen it so I'm trying to find of a better way to remove them.

Cameraphone sorry, but you get the idea. Hoping to get some heft to a shiftknob without the bad thermal retention of solid steel all around. And with a spiffy seamless bi-metal finish to boot.

interesting you will have to keep us updated on this little project!(2thumbs)

well after 8+ fun filled years the time has come...the p5 will be returned to semi stock and be relegated to beater status for next winter (is she holds up 140k) i plan on getting a miata in the spring of 10 (of 10?...sounds weird?) i've had a ball modding the car and spending way to much hard earned $$, but hey, i had a great ride for sure! (thumb)
most of the parts will probably be sold locally as i have 2 or 3 p5's in the area that have already expressed interest. the cash will help pay for a FEW mods for the miata...coilovers, tires and wheels.

This thread still going?? (dance)

there are some still around. good to see you back!

well after 8+ fun filled years the time has come...the p5 will be returned to semi stock and be relegated to beater status for next winter (is she holds up 140k) i plan on getting a miata in the spring of 10 (of 10?...sounds weird?) i've had a ball modding the car and spending way to much hard earned $$, but hey, i had a great ride for sure! (thumb)
most of the parts will probably be sold locally as i have 2 or 3 p5's in the area that have already expressed interest. the cash will help pay for a FEW mods for the miata...coilovers, tires and wheels.

(sadbanana)

Mark's goin mx5 too?

I'm going to look at one after work today

Last edited:
Back