What have you done to your P5 today?

Well I guess I gotta be more careful because my turbo drains oil to the pan and I don't want the oil level to get too high there.

Kansei said:
Well I guess I gotta be more careful because my turbo drains oil to the pan and I don't want the oil level to get too high there.
yea. thats very true in your case.

I've been running 4 qrts all along with no problems. Perhaps that is why my oil pressure has been lower than what most people report though...

Over the weekend, we did an oil change and I swapped to the 626 filter and it was quite nice not to have any leftover oil this time. Also swapped out the stock front motor mount that had 3 tears in it and put in an AWR manual front mount, so the car's a bit rumbly now. :)

Nice! How do they look?

I just got these in today:

0501071330.jpg

and not sure if I mentioned it already but I'll say it again, got the 3 point strut bar in this past weekend....SHWING!

Katya4me said:
Over the weekend, we did an oil change and I swapped to the 626 filter and it was quite nice not to have any leftover oil this time. Also swapped out the stock front motor mount that had 3 tears in it and put in an AWR manual front mount, so the car's a bit rumbly now. :)

Hahaha thats the first I have heard the AWR mounts described that way.

I have the 95 AWR mounts front & rear and I love starting my car. It feels like there really is a motor up there under the hood.

Bah, blew out the passenger headlight for some unknown reason! Just started the car up and immediately switched on the headlights and FLASH! there goes the light. I hope it was just the bulb's time to go and not some more serious problem...

Ahh the dreaded blown head light! My biggest gripe with the P5.Dont try the silver stars they wont last 2 months usually hehe. my roommate has a p5 too and it seems like the bulbs blow more often when its been raining. not sure if this is true or just coincident.

Last edited:
Kansei said:
Why? You'll have far less oil in the pan when your engine is running.

Katya4me said:

now your rear mm will go here shortly or at least it did on mine. I still need to replace it. lol

Fraimr8 said:
Ahh the dreaded blown head light! My biggest gripe with the P5.Dont try the silver stars they wont last 2 months usually hehe. my roommate has a p5 too and it seems like the bulbs blow more often when its been raining. not sure if this is true or just coincident.

I got you beat. I got a whole 6 months out of my silverstars in the Prote.

On the other hand I've got over 5 years worth of life on the silverstars in my truck. That includes a lot of off roading and hunting. Go figure?

amsgator said:
hmm....4 quarts is cheaper(headbang)
it was an $11 oil change. i just told the kid i wanted 4.5 quarts and he was like ok.
i know pretty much everyone at the garage i took my car to also. but either way its an $11 oil change.

mazda_pro5_2nr said:
Nice! How do they look?

I just got these in today:

0501071330.jpg

and not sure if I mentioned it already but I'll say it again, got the 3 point strut bar in this past weekend....SHWING!
Are you talking about the cp racing or similar one for the front? How did you relocate the criuse control or did you eliminate it?

rednecks_r_us said:
I got you beat. I got a whole 6 months out of my silverstars in the Prote.

On the other hand I've got over 5 years worth of life on the silverstars in my truck. That includes a lot of off roading and hunting. Go figure?
Strange, all the posts on silverstar problems. I have the sylvanias, not osrams & I've had 2 sets over the course of the 4 years of owning the car. 1 of the first set is still a backup for the new set.

i12drivemyMP5 said:
Are you talking about the cp racing or similar one for the front? How did you relocate the criuse control or did you eliminate it?

Nope, didn't eliminate it. Just used the same bracket and bolted it to one of the existing bolts. I'll try to take some pics today after work. And yes its the CP Racing style strut bar....but it still makes a hell of a difference, original cp or not, lol.

Kicked the front tire when I found it super low on air this morning. I'm thinking it may have something to do with the bubble that's the size of a quarter in the sidewall...

Gotta do something about that before Saturday...definintely not driving 5 hours like that.

Back