What have you done to your MSP today?

Put the BCs on a few weeks ago, taking it to get aligned tomorrow. Car handles great and the steering is extremely sensitive and responsive to inputs. It rides pretty rough but it looks great. Haven't done much else other than that, looking for an ECU extension harness to ease the microtech installation.

Not today, but over the weekend, I put on new front control arms, and new sway bar links front and back. Still have a clunk in the front to chase down and need new suspension stuff in the back since all the bushings are shot. (az heat trashes the rubber bushings). But overall the clunks are massively reduced! also started the process of changing over my vacuum lines to green silicon, looks so much better, but my stubby fingers don't make it easy. but it will be an ongoing process, every now and then when I get the urge, I'll swap out another line.

Also looking at getting my clutch replaced. I asked for suggestions on the FB group, but got recommendations that start at $500... yeah not paying that much for a clutch. I just don't have the money for it...

sell you a used oem clutch for 30 dollars? haha

Haha, no. I will see what my options are with my mechanic. Swapping a clutch I just don’t have time for. I can drop it off Thursday night and pick it up Friday afternoon (I work from home fridays). Where if I did it myself I have no idea if I will be done in time for Monday. I have never swapped a clutch, and so it’s a big learning curve to do it myself.

Haha, no. I will see what my options are with my mechanic. Swapping a clutch I just dont have time for. I can drop it off Thursday night and pick it up Friday afternoon (I work from home fridays). Where if I did it myself I have no idea if I will be done in time for Monday. I have never swapped a clutch, and so its a big learning curve to do it myself.

southbend is a good alternative, only about 250?

Just maintenance stuff like rotated tires, new battery (six years old), wash-n-wax and able to get the sagging rear skirt fixed.

anyone else have problems with a leaky floor around the passenger front seat? like right under it there is a nice pool of water. i got under there in the summer and spooged a bunch of sealant on all the seams i could see under the car but app it didnt do s*** lol. can water come down from the door sil into the car? i guess the underside of the door would be looking bad if that was the case...
trunk still leaks, spooging sealer all around that region did nothing ha. ill have to cut out the lip where its welded near the rear window and put in a new peice.
gonna try to take the msp off the road soon and start working on it. not a quick process. prob a few years. but wanna get it going before she rolls 200km. I moved to nanaimo in 2016 and had 131km on it, now im pushing 185km and using it to get my tools to work ect... i plan to replace it with a 2006-2010 mazda 5.
I really want a 2016 or newer ecoboost f150, but i cant afford a $50000 truck, even for work, and i cant afford $160/week to keep it running lol.
Mazda 5 kinda relinquishes my man-card a little bit, but if i understand correctly, most things that fir the 3 will fit the 5. so i can go down the rabbit hole of lowering it, boosting it, generally showing i still give a s*** about nice cars will being responsible and having a more useful vehicle lol

anyone else have problems with a leaky floor around the passenger front seat? like right under it there is a nice pool of water. i got under there in the summer and spooged a bunch of sealant on all the seams i could see under the car but app it didnt do s*** lol. can water come down from the door sil into the car? i guess the underside of the door would be looking bad if that was the case...
trunk still leaks, spooging sealer all around that region did nothing ha. ill have to cut out the lip where its welded near the rear window and put in a new peice.
gonna try to take the msp off the road soon and start working on it. not a quick process. prob a few years. but wanna get it going before she rolls 200km. I moved to nanaimo in 2016 and had 131km on it, now im pushing 185km and using it to get my tools to work ect... i plan to replace it with a 2006-2010 mazda 5.
I really want a 2016 or newer ecoboost f150, but i cant afford a $50000 truck, even for work, and i cant afford $160/week to keep it running lol.
Mazda 5 kinda relinquishes my man-card a little bit, but if i understand correctly, most things that fir the 3 will fit the 5. so i can go down the rabbit hole of lowering it, boosting it, generally showing i still give a s*** about nice cars will being responsible and having a more useful vehicle lol

yeah there's threads of the issue. is on the firewall, in the corner. the caulking from the factory is bad. gotta get up there and re caulk.

Been a while since I have logged on. Moved places and haven't had time to do much to the MSP. Currently working on making a patch harness to wire up the Microtech. BCs were installed a while back, still waiting to get an alignment but haven't been driving the car much.

Still need to paint the wheels, but the car looks great on the BCs.

Check out my thread about firewall cabin leaks

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123827490-firewall-cabin-water-leaks

Last edited:
i found that thread, thank you. ill definitely be talking this when im home. just away for work and doubt my hosts would appreciate my taking the msp apart in their driveway lol.
another thing that ive had for some time is a random roughness.. sometimes a rough idle, like really rough.. but sometimes when cruising at highway speed the car will be running normally then just start to run rough for no reason. no change in the rpm or anything just go from smooth to really rough, then it will go back to smooth after a time. wondering if it is fuel related, maybe the fuel pump/injectors are in need of attention, but i also had a problem last year where my battery brace failed and my battery slammed forward and grounded on the chassis lol. car shut off violently. i had thought something in the ecu might have gone sketch, changed it with the parts car ecu and no change. short of doing continuity/resistance test on all the engine harness wires not sure..

still kinda thinking of getting a mazda 5 for a work/family vehicle, but heard they bend valves and stuff.. meh. might just get another p5. though i wont build this one. i want to just get a nice rust free one that i dont ahve to do anything to.. willing to pay for it this time.

i found that thread, thank you. ill definitely be talking this when im home. just away for work and doubt my hosts would appreciate my taking the msp apart in their driveway lol.
another thing that ive had for some time is a random roughness.. sometimes a rough idle, like really rough.. but sometimes when cruising at highway speed the car will be running normally then just start to run rough for no reason. no change in the rpm or anything just go from smooth to really rough, then it will go back to smooth after a time. wondering if it is fuel related, maybe the fuel pump/injectors are in need of attention, but i also had a problem last year where my battery brace failed and my battery slammed forward and grounded on the chassis lol. car shut off violently. i had thought something in the ecu might have gone sketch, changed it with the parts car ecu and no change. short of doing continuity/resistance test on all the engine harness wires not sure..

still kinda thinking of getting a mazda 5 for a work/family vehicle, but heard they bend valves and stuff.. meh. might just get another p5. though i wont build this one. i want to just get a nice rust free one that i dont ahve to do anything to.. willing to pay for it this time.
Id get the Mazda 5 . I've had mine for over 2 years now I honestly love driving it.i had to get something more family friendly as well. Its really peppy i can roast the tires np with auto. So far no major issue with mine other than the usual wear items. Thus it's only under 160k km still. The GT is much nicer . Upgrade the rear shocks, new engine mounts ,ford focus EL lower is best and away you go. Use the 3 parts for ease of selection.

Ordered a mishimoto fan shroud for the MSP, going to swap the Mishimoto rad back in and maybe put the CS rad in the P5. Hopefully won't need to re-do my FMIC piping to make it fit.

Cobb is paying us to have a track day coming up so I need to prep the MSP for it!

Ordered a mishimoto fan shroud for the MSP, going to swap the Mishimoto rad back in and maybe put the CS rad in the P5. Hopefully won't need to re-do my FMIC piping to make it fit.

Cobb is paying us to have a track day coming up so I need to prep the MSP for it!

I've been looking to buy either the CS or Mishimoto Radiator. can't figure it out.

Got my Corksport exhaust installed!

YqU6Gvu.jpg

Last edited:
Did they make a mazdaspeed muffler like the one they did for the p5 for the sedan, as in the same style. The round style not oval.

Back