What have you done to your MSP today?

My factory grille was in rought shape, the paint was all chipped up from rocks, so today I took it off and sanded it down, then painted the whole thing black, emblem as well.
Came out nice.
Still waiting on more parts from Sam @ Crossover then I can yank this engine out.

What you get from sam man? (tee hee it rhymed)

So I was wondering. After relocating my vacuum block to the brake booster, I then relocated my MAF to the cold pipe, installed my catch can and reset the fuel trims. I am still having a bucking issue with the car under boost, though it does not happen all the time. Would the fact that I left my BPV in and continued running the dual BOV/BPV setup cause any problems? I can't really see how it would since the MAF is now metering the air AFTER both valves do their thing. I do not have a solid tune with my AEM piggyback yet, so that is most likely the issue. Though I just want to make sure there aren't any other factors causing this, such as my leaky turbo that may or may not be on its death bed.

So I was wondering. After relocating my vacuum block to the brake booster, I then relocated my MAF to the cold pipe, installed my catch can and reset the fuel trims. I am still having a bucking issue with the car under boost, though it does not happen all the time. Would the fact that I left my BPV in and continued running the dual BOV/BPV setup cause any problems? I can't really see how it would since the MAF is now metering the air AFTER both valves do their thing. I do not have a solid tune with my AEM piggyback yet, so that is most likely the issue. Though I just want to make sure there aren't any other factors causing this, such as my leaky turbo that may or may not be on its death bed.

As long as it circulates to the same side of the maf then thats not the issue. I'd say not having a proper tune is your first problem. If the turbo is dying the... well...

As long as it circulates to the same side of the maf then thats not the issue. I'd say not having a proper tune is your first problem. If the turbo is dying the... well...

Okay that's what I figured just wanted a 2nd opinion. As far as the turbo, I'm really not sure wtf is going on. Maybe I have a boost leak somewhere on top of my oil leak, or so I hope.

Got some more work done on the BlackMSP:

IMG-20110305-00013.jpg

IMG-20110305-00014.jpg

IMG-20110305-00015.jpg

IMG-20110305-00016.jpg

Today i have work with my friends, to the body shop.. I have paint a lot of parts today for the engine bay...

New Badge for my grill..

P3050390.jpg

Parts of the day we have paint..

- Cruise control module (finaly rebuild)
- brackets for the struts towers
- Power steering Hose
- Bracket for my aerocatch
- My optima battery tray
- Custom air diverter plate
- My front lip (JDP style) (not on pictures..)
- front calipers of MS6

P3050393.jpg

Cruise control module lol...

P3050413.jpg

another picture..

P3050420.jpg

strut Tower brackets

P3050418.jpg

optima battery tray

P3050415.jpg

MS6 front calipers.. i have buffed in this week for i nice finish for the paint (350z)

P3050416.jpg

Nice finish

P3050421.jpg

I paid about $4.35 / gallon when prices jumped 2 summers ago. I guess the Arabs are looking to buy new supercharger kits for their camels.

Back