What have you done to your MS6 today?

Repainted my rear exhaust surrounds and blacked out the chrome, pictures with them on the car later:

388600_10101664682220301_2056360_84377453_347199369_n.jpg
Should look good! May look into this myself.

i was also hearing a loud popping noise... then all of a sudden my sharkfin fell off...
Ouch. I'm assuming highway?

I did order some LED foglights from super bright LED's. I'm probably going to install them tomorrow.

Cool, I'd like to see how these look, and what you think of them. I've been really happy with my Nokyas, which have been in there for about 3 years with no issues at all, but every once in a while I think about doing something different.

So, I took my car in to get the voluntary recall for emissions done on the car. Bad idea! Now that the weather has turned colder, the 6 just falls flat on its face. It stumbles, stutters, and generally hates me until it gets warmed up. I've also noticed that my BAT and Knock Sensor are now listed NA on the Dash Hawk.... Time bust out the Cobb AP again...

Cool, I'd like to see how these look, and what you think of them. I've been really happy with my Nokyas, which have been in there for about 3 years with no issues at all, but every once in a while I think about doing something different.
Unfortunately they were a bust. It turned out to just being a glow. No projection of any kind. So I returned them, and picked up some amber Nokyas haha. I love them so far. Is it possible to aim the foglights? I noticed when I look over the hood the first 1ft is yellow, then kind of dies off pretty quick.

I am happy with the color, as I have read that amber/yellow is the best for foul weather.

Yeah, I didn't want to discourage you, but I haven't seen any LEDs that actually project any amount of light.

I'm not sure about aiming, I think it would require some modification to the housing. I bet the HID fog guys have done it, because if I remember right they had to remove the plastic tab in the middle that covers the tip of the bulb. And putting HIDs in and then NOT aiming them is pretty lousy because you'll just be a glare machine.

I think the yellow is more visible in rain, snow, and fog, and although it doesn't actually put out a lot more light, I think I'm way easier to see in a blizzard (especially in a white car!)

I was out test mounting this, but it was really hard to get a good picture with the glare:

tumblr_lxfvnsh2eL1qzyw9jo1_500.jpg

I think it looks good, now I'm wondering should I paint it satin black (it's gloss now) to match my front lip, or paint it body color?

I was out test mounting this, but it was really hard to get a good picture with the glare:

tumblr_lxfvnsh2eL1qzyw9jo1_500.jpg

I think it looks good, now I'm wondering should I paint it satin black (it's gloss now) to match my front lip, or paint it body color?

Is it for the MS6 and is it plastic?

It's "for the MS6" if you know what I mean. The curvature of the spoiler has a smaller radius than the top of the rear window (not a problem for 3M tape), and curves on the corners at the top of the rear window are also about an 1/8th of an inch (or less) off on each side with it centered.

That said, it was $60 and shipping was free. I wanted to see how an MS6 would look with one, and tried my luck. It seems to be plastic, so a heat gun might solve the curvature problems, we'll see. I'm a DIY guy, but I might let the body shop handle it when I go in for a few more things.

Changed the oil/filter, transmission, transfer case and rear diff fluids and rotated the tires. Forgot what a PITA the fluids were to change (mainly from the mess made). I went with Redline 75w90 in the transfer case and rear diff again, and used the Motorcraft special tranny fluid up front. I used it in my Miata when I changed that out last time home and like how it made things feel.

replaced the gasket on the EGR (to fix coolant leak) and broke the nipple off the TIP in the process....ordered a new one.

Washed the car today.. and im about to roll over 40,000 miles... not bad for 6 years. still clean like new, aside from a tad bit of the suspension components being rusty..

Haven't been on in a while but i had my Transfer Case go out so i had to replace that. Wow talk about a Expensive fix!!!!

They did throw on my 3" Downpipe for free :)

Speaking of Snow.....suppose to snow in the next couple of days...MS6 is officially in ugly ass snow mode...No 19's, no lip kit...ugly ass 17's with snow tires

we've had s*** all for snow this year (so far) i ran my bald 18" summers right into january.... i have a feeling we are dooomed for febuary/march

on a my ms6 note, ill be continuing to drive it over my civic while the civic is getting brake line repairs done that will cost upwards of half what i paid for the car :cry:

Back