What have you done to your MS6 today?

caliper seized, causing extreme wear on that corner so before i knew it the pads were metal on metal haha

Yeah, caliper failure is common, especially in Canada with road salt in winter. All it takes is a small hole on the rubber boot and they slowly deteriorate. The slider pins also need to be greased regularly or the whole mechanism starts working like crap. I had a rear caliper fail on my 240SX and a front one on my MSP. Did your mechanic ask you to change both sides? I think it's a typical mechanic scam...my Speed is ready for winter, Toyo Garrits on, rust proof done...can wait for snow drifting....

May be on the verge of listing my MS6 for sale.

Found a good deal on a low mileage 1999 E36 M3 coupe.

We'll see how it goes.....

Yeah, caliper failure is common, especially in Canada with road salt in winter. All it takes is a small hole on the rubber boot and they slowly deteriorate. The slider pins also need to be greased regularly or the whole mechanism starts working like crap. I had a rear caliper fail on my 240SX and a front one on my MSP. Did your mechanic ask you to change both sides? I think it's a typical mechanic scam...my Speed is ready for winter, Toyo Garrits on, rust proof done...can wait for snow drifting....

even if he did i wouldnt have haha i acutally pissed him off a little cause the second he told me i needed one and he started going to price one i called napa myself and got it at the same price they'd sell it to him for... eliminating his chance to upsell it to me haha

I would pull the trigger on an M3 faster than Robocop...I took a spin on a 2007, I'm still pissed about it....

6342145743_b5e85b325a_b.jpg

6342897328_bffbc71fd3_b.jpg

6342148943_0bcc417343_b.jpg

Wheels look HOT.. Love it...also feeling the mudflaps

Last edited:
Washed her and took some pic...Man the i phone has bad pic quality...at least the 3g does anyways
15393659_large.jpg

15393644_large.jpg

15393654_large.jpg

15393641_large.jpg

rpf1ms6.jpg

Honestly think I'm going to get the top of the doors wrapped in vinyl for next year....I bought mine with the black part not on( assumng previous owner took them off) so it looks normal to me without them on but the more I look at this one I think I'm going to convert it over next spring

lol, my mirror took a rock the other say so now its got a chip and it looks ugly. so im gonna get some covers and paint them black. i will report my findings once snow pisses the **** off lol.

Fixed a boost leak, the T-clamp holding the hose onto the turbo outlet had come loose. It was making a loud whooshing noise when I got on it. I'm just glad it was a simple fix.

FINALLY ordered my SPC Ball joints. I have been working out of town the last three weeks. I'm fairly certain I can install them myself. But just lacking the time. Called the local alignment shop that is highly referred and they can do both sides with an alignment for $205. Which I don't think is a bad deal. May be worth it.
Also getting a rock chip on the windshield sealed by Safelite today, FREE thanks to insurance.

Haven't driven the car in almost a month, and after driving a Chevy 2500 HD totally looking forward to it.

not quite as long as gixx6 but got into mine for the first time in 8 days haha, had a good vacation, chicago was a nice place (i think a couple of you live there, i'll be sure to look you up next time i'm in town) also stopped in missasauga, ON during my 8 hour layover at the toronto airport, finally ended my trip today by driving my rental suburban from halifax, NS here to charlottetown... bad mistake... the beast took $67 in fuel to drive home, plus the cost of the rental, i could have just flown home haha

6342145743_b5e85b325a_b.jpg

6342897328_bffbc71fd3_b.jpg

6342148943_0bcc417343_b.jpg

the rims needed to come off, a fender roll in the rear was done, then the winters went back on haha. i was just so excited when they showed up i just had to put them on.
They are 18x9 +35 with a 235/40 tire.
now my h&r springs need to go in, i need to get some spc ball joints and a stiffer set of struts.

Are those a particular brand of mudflaps? I'm sold, want to get them for my car.

Back