What have you done to your MS6 today?

So I took my car to get the SPC's installed, and got a call from the tech an hour later saying that my car ALREADY had them on there! I have had 3 other alignment shops tell they couldn't adjust the camber since they were fixed joints. So they got them within specs, and I save some money.

I am also thinking about buying a PLX Kiwi Bluetooth and getting this app for android called Torque. It's basically an scantool only with your phone. Measures everything you would need to. You can customize just about everything you need on it also. Seems to be pretty reliable and $100 compared to an Edge CTS for $340.

anybody ever removed their side skirts? i noticed tonight theres tonnnes of crud (leaves, dirt, ect) all up in there... and given the rust issues im having with the rear 1/4s i'm thinking i should get those off and clean them up asap

anybody ever removed their side skirts? i noticed tonight theres tonnnes of crud (leaves, dirt, ect) all up in there... and given the rust issues im having with the rear 1/4s i'm thinking i should get those off and clean them up asap
I haven't pulled them off but noticed when I run the power washer along the skirt mud comes out. But it sounds like I need to pull them off just to double check.

Did you buy the universal size? I don't see a listing for MS6.
I don't have them, I have just seen them on a few STI's.

They are the universal ones. I pretty much just was shooting in the dark on mounting. got 1 side perfect then just transferred the parking onto the other flaps.
For the fronts i used factory mounting holes and pop clips, in the back i used some large black washers and very fine bolts.
Only the backs needed to be modified where you cannot see to clear the stock exhaust.

They are the universal ones. I pretty much just was shooting in the dark on mounting. got 1 side perfect then just transferred the parking onto the other flaps.
For the fronts i used factory mounting holes and pop clips, in the back i used some large black washers and very fine bolts.
Only the backs needed to be modified where you cannot see to clear the stock exhaust.

Awesome, I'll be ordering those shorty then.

I haven't been on here in a while, but from the time being I got some new goods. I replaced my cpe nano, corksport tip, forge bpv, and hypertech with SURE Aeros, Sidewinder, Charge Tubes, Return, ShortCut, CounterShift, TorqR6 RMM, M6 RacePipe, TurboSmart Dual Port BOV, and Cobb AP. I order Autotech internals today maybe they will be here this weekend, and I can upgraded to stg 2. Thats about it.

Wow, I haven't been on in forever either. It's too much navigating with everything being split!

I got mine undercoated at Krown, all ready for winter now. My last oil change was way overdue and the guy gave me crap and said it looked like diesel coming out, so I'll make it an extra short interval to the next one. Good thing I'm using synthetic!

I notice the same about the gunk coming out from behind the side skirts every time I wash it and spray there. Do they come off easy?

04gixx, how do you like the handling now? I was really impressed when I first got my SPCs on and had a proper alignment done. Sorry to see the pics from a few months ago about your break-in, I hope you managed to get everything solved.

Replaced my other rear caliper last night. Going to roll 60k soon, and hopefully I won't have to do that again...not that it was difficult. Only took like 30-45 minutes.

04gixx, how do you like the handling now? I was really impressed when I first got my SPCs on and had a proper alignment done. Sorry to see the pics from a few months ago about your break-in, I hope you managed to get everything solved.
It feels great! Feels like it's on rails. As far as the break in, everything has been taken care of. Except for the thief that is.

So, since there hasn't been a lot of snow this winter, I think I'm going to put on my BCs, RSB, and and rear trans mount at the end of the year. Also, it seems my left rear wheel's joint is leaking....?

Cold weather arrived...so did a clunk when shifting in 1st and 2nd gear that goes away when the engine warms up...everything points at passenger motor mount...

Speaking of random cold weather noises, does anyone still have the rear windshield creak/pop sound on cold mornings? It sounds like it just isn't sitting in there properly or something and makes a little noise from time to time over bumps or with body roll. I know it has been mentioned before, and I don't think its serious, just curious if its still common.

Speaking of random cold weather noises, does anyone still have the rear windshield creak/pop sound on cold mornings? It sounds like it just isn't sitting in there properly or something and makes a little noise from time to time over bumps or with body roll. I know it has been mentioned before, and I don't think its serious, just curious if its still common.
Never heard that one before. Or maybe I should turn the music down first.

I did order some LED foglights from super bright LED's. I'm probably going to install them tomorrow.

had a noise like this turns out ice was forming under my shark fin....i put some black rtv around the base of the shark fin and it stopped.

finally got my honda fixed on monday and got stuck with both cars at work so i left the speed parked there, of course the first question when i stopped in today was "did something break on your mazda???"

I have the every winter. It seem to be the ice that forms between the trunk and the windshield. BTW, my diagnistic was dead on, passenger side motor mount had collapsed (hard to see the difference by eye) and was replaced today. The best part is that it was covered under drivetrain warrantly! Merry X-Mas to ME!

Merry Christmas everyone. I got my Denso 22 spark plugs in today. Those will be going in along with a Seafoam treatment next week.

Repainted my rear exhaust surrounds and blacked out the chrome, pictures with them on the car later:

388600_10101664682220301_2056360_84377453_347199369_n.jpg

Back