What have you done to your MS6 today?

Installed the fronts this morning, only took two hours including the time needed to swap over one of the top hats (one of the assemblies I bought had a broken stud). When I got all done and pulled the car out of the garage, I found a conical bushing/spacer lying on the floor. I think I know where it goes (on the rear under the GTSpec trailing arm stiffener) but I'm not messing with it today.

Got the bushing installed, it went where I figured it did. Researched it on the MSMotorsports site (they have parts diagrams), on there it shows as a flat piece and is labeled corn washer (I think that might be a bad translation). In the factory manual it shows as the correct shape.

On Friday I installed the RX-8 wheels with Yokohama Advan Sports and got it aligned. Car drives great with the new suspension, wider wheels/sticky tires.

Last edited:
first night of the summer at the local drag strip, sadly i was uber broke, and my speed was trapped in its parking space due to some parking lot reconstruction at my apartment complex...

cant wait to get some seat time this year though, and hopefully i can gather up some cash to start upgrading all the nessicary mounts in order to do it safely

Heh, join the club, though it hasn't been two years yet. I have the rear diff mounts and sway bar to install as well, think I'll do them first and drive it for a while and then put the shocks/springs in. Though I'm not really excited about doing the mounts and sway bar, that's a crazy amount of work either way you do it.

I think I've had my TT rear dif front mount and CPE rear dif mount for over 2 years now, still sitting uninstalled. Partly because I haven't been spending any more time on the strip, and partly because when I did get around to taking it in to a shop to ask about it they couldn't give me a solid estimate because they didn't know how long it was going to take. I'm debating selling them, but if I plan to keep the car in the long run, I still think I'd be better off with them installed.

Maybe this summer I'll finally treat myself to an SRI.

Washed her (not too) dirty butt, thankfully before the rain came. Cleaned the inside, waiting on the leather to dry so I can treat it and the plastics. Changed out the air filter, old one was dirty and had cracking around the top. For anyone interested it is an AEM 21-203DK (direct replacement for the Mazdaspeed filter). Checked all fluids and tire pressures, including the spare. Most of us neglect that so let this be a reminder. Touched up a bunch of chips and polished out a few spots that had gotten scraped. Yesterday I removed/painted the license plate surround and bolts as they were looking ratty. Just a little more work and we'll be ready for our jaunt.

Got it delivered today and went for a ride, I'm a noob with manuals and this actually my first manual I've ever owned, lol. I stalled about 6 times going to my friends house about 10 miles away :( But he is good with manuals and gave me some pointers, so on the way home, I stalled 2 times lol. I'll get better I promise! Just the first gear is the hardest to learn.

that time of the year again... attempted to trade it in on an S2K, dealership offered me $2000 LESS than the poor condition value in the canadian blackbook... they offered me $6800, i thanked them kindly for their offer and left

reardiffspeed6.jpg

Well, I was wondering what that vibration and rumbling was in the back when I shift from 1-3 and now I know. The rear diff was missing a bolt! and it was hanging for dear life with one stripped bolt! The mechanic said the casing grooves are stripped as well, so the diff needs to be replaced. I'm glad I didn't drive it much longer, my diff would have fallen out on to the road! (boom01)

So I took it back to the dealership and they are gonna hook me up, in the mean time they lent me a 2011 nissan altima... (lol2)

went to replace a stuck rear caliper to find that it was the pad stuck in the bracket, not the sliders seized, so i just changed the pads... also re-installed my shark fin after its mishap last winter

I have a SU TMIC and PG TIP / Injen CAI im putting up for sale officially in a couple weeks when I get back home. I have a locked thread open with some pictures but as im not home I can't take new pics yet. Let me know if there is any interest

Wow, it sure is quiet in here these days. I haven't really done much lately, but I did have a little inspiration to push ahead. A friend picked up a '99 (I think) Impreza and had the engine/drivetrain swapped with a recent JDM STI model. I guess its a fairly common thing to do with Subies. I got to do a little test drive, and while it is still a little rough, there's more raw power than I have, and in a lighter car. It was fun, but I still prefer my Speed by a mile. I may need to finally break down and pick up an intake to give myself a little SOTP boost to make driving fresh again.

Wow, it sure is quiet in here these days. I haven't really done much lately, but I did have a little inspiration to push ahead. A friend picked up a '99 (I think) Impreza and had the engine/drivetrain swapped with a recent JDM STI model. I guess its a fairly common thing to do with Subies. I got to do a little test drive, and while it is still a little rough, there's more raw power than I have, and in a lighter car. It was fun, but I still prefer my Speed by a mile. I may need to finally break down and pick up an intake to give myself a little SOTP boost to make driving fresh again.

i had an early impreza two cars prior to my speed.. i greatly miss it, at the time things were more expensive, so i did the poor mans version of his swap, i kept my NA and went from my stock 1.8L to a built up 2.5L that i pulled out of a smashed amature rally car

not much to report on my 6... drove it a lot more in july while i did repairs to my civic to pass MVI...

i've been getting a bit of a clunk comming from somewhere in the rear of the car, my first instinct was rear diff mount again, but that seems to be in tact

installed SU short shift plate and weight. this is how the throws should have come stock from mazda. However, i find it a bit harder to get in gear now. is this normal??

20120801_154246.jpg

had my headlights and fog lights tinted...going have to post pics later....and finally painted part of the b pillar black

attempted to start washing it today.... its to hot... i'll just get someone else to do it in the morning

Adjusted video system so it is almost hidden behind tint. It stays cooler this way.
7720922290_af356a931e_b_d.jpg

Also installed RD permanently.
7720936572_66fd2abe99_b_d.jpg

got a new doughnut gasket for the downpipe-catback connection... it was only about a year old... anybody else go through these that frequently?

Got oil change. Rear diff is leaking. Rear sway bar bushings looking bad. Exhaust getting louder. Time for a parts order but no money in build fund.

Back