What have you done to your MS3 today?

for those interested in that car's mod list

Built motor - Pauter rods, CP pistons .020" over bore, 9.0:1 Built by Tom @ http://www.focus-power.com/view.php?showme=Home
BSD
ported head
Grimmspeed ported intake manifold
Grimmspeed ported throttle body
CP-E HPFP
CP-E Safe Seals
Steedsped T3 tilted exhaust manifold
Forced Performance HTA3582R T3 .63 A/R 3" V-Band
Custom cateless downpipe and dumptube
Tial MV-R 44mm EWG
Tial QR BPV
Treadstone TR10 FMIC with custom piping
Custom 4" inlet
CP-E Big MAF with Amsoil dry filter
Odyssey PC925 mini battery
HKS Twin power ignition module
Grimmspeed MBC
Greddy full 3" CBE
All CP-E 75 duro mounts
Devils Own STG 2 Meth injection with Dual D010 nozzles
a few other things I can't remember

Can you give a total cost of items only? Basically minus car and minus tuning

how much money has it taken to make a sub $20k car faster (only after 3rd gear i assume) than many $100k cars?

Price out the parts from vendors and you'll get the general idea. IMO it's not really good modding etiquette to ask people what their mods cost all-told.

^Im not really sure what it matters, I would have no problem if someone asked, and its not like you cant figure out on your own anyways.

Interesting. Didn't know I had one of those. What's it's function?
keeping Car & Driver from bitching about torque steer would be its primary function, saving people on a test drive from unexpected lane changes would be a secondary consideration

Wow works for me
for those interested in that car's mod list

Built motor - Pauter rods, CP pistons .020" over bore, 9.0:1 Built by Tom @ http://www.focus-power.com/view.php?showme=Home
BSD
ported head
Grimmspeed ported intake manifold
Grimmspeed ported throttle body
CP-E HPFP
CP-E Safe Seals
Steedsped T3 tilted exhaust manifold
Forced Performance HTA3582R T3 .63 A/R 3" V-Band
Custom cateless downpipe and dumptube
Tial MV-R 44mm EWG
Tial QR BPV
Treadstone TR10 FMIC with custom piping
Custom 4" inlet
CP-E Big MAF with Amsoil dry filter
Odyssey PC925 mini battery
HKS Twin power ignition module
Grimmspeed MBC
Greddy full 3" CBE
All CP-E 75 duro mounts
Devils Own STG 2 Meth injection with Dual D010 nozzles
a few other things I can't remember

fyi not my car, thats doubleflushers

i left with a measly 315whp/343wtq

Question, for coil on plug where do they put the probe to get ignition pickup? My buddy just bought a dynojet and is only setup for hondas aka single coil. So when I wanted to throw my car on there we could only get HP because the torque calculation uses ignition timing i guess?

keeping Car & Driver from bitching about torque steer would be its primary function, saving people on a test drive from unexpected lane changes would be a secondary consideration

There's a little more to it than just that. The DSC portion will actually brake certain wheels during cornering as the ms3 will lift-throttle oversteer in turns with dsc diabled.

SWAS is a plug in the steering column, but verify which one on the FSM because the airbag plug is right next to it!

Question, for coil on plug where do they put the probe to get ignition pickup? My buddy just bought a dynojet and is only setup for hondas aka single coil. So when I wanted to throw my car on there we could only get HP because the torque calculation uses ignition timing i guess?

I've had good luck connecting the pickup to one of the COP wires. Make sure to just ONE of the wires. If you clamp around both it likely won't trigger the induction sensor.

got my prosport gauge and the insert for the air vent next to the steering wheel just now i got to see if it is a difficult job or is it an easy to do job does anyone have any instructions on how to do the installation ??

Got my new end link, so I put it on and finally tested out the Konis. Pretty happy with after 2 whole miles ;) I think the rears are set a tad soft though.

got my prosport gauge and the insert for the air vent next to the steering wheel just now i got to see if it is a difficult job or is it an easy to do job does anyone have any instructions on how to do the installation ??
It is not too difficult. Which gauge do you have,mechanical or electric?

Look in the How-To forum. It's not hard. There's a rubber grommet above the clutch pedal to feed the line through the firewall. You can tap into the kick panel fuse box below the OBD-II port or the PJB behind the glove box for power.

Drove my Speed to work today for the first time in 3 weeks!

Over low speed bumps it sounds like there is a rattle coming from my suspension. Definitely the rear, and the fronts might be doing it as well. I'm thinking rubber bushings...?

Back